Did you mean: 

Providing Feedback on Job Listings

Highlighted
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
11 of 28

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi David,

I see what you mean, the category displays as "Any" when saving a search. I will eascalate this to the team so they can check.

Thank you for reporting.

Thank you. I appreciate your help. It can be a bit irritating having a job feed filled with jobs that I can't do.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 28

Hi Ela and David,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are planning to revisit our searching algorithms, improve them and provide more information about how they work to the Community. 

@Ela K wrote:

Secondly, I have taken the time to rate the jobs in an attempt to feed the new algorithm with info - but every time I leave the page and refresh it the ratings are gone. Or the symbol is gone completely.

I tried to reproduce and could not. The thumbs down symbol stays greyed after refreshing and when clicked displays the reason I chose. Is that not the way it works for you, Ela? I would suggest clearing your cache and cookies and if it still doesn't act properly, please let us know.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
13 of 28

Thanks for your post Valeria.

Of course it is working just now Smiley Wink

I clear my cache all the time so that wasn't the problem. The ratings are still gone when you click on "Load more jobs". Even though I have rated those jobs they come up with no "thumbs down' symbol at all.

Is that supposed to be that way?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
14 of 28

@ David,

I remember you making this point some time back and I can see how annoying and time consuming it can be. I can provide a work-around to you but that depends on how well it will suit your situation. Thought Valeria promised that it is being reworked, you do not know how long this will take to be ready so you can give this idea a thought.

I think the RSS feeds are being underutilized greatly. If you already would be checking your job feed throughout the day, it means that you will be at the browser intermittently. Most browsers have great free RSS aggregators as extensions already with many useful features. I have been using some of these features reliably for some time now.

You an consider using the RSS link/address for the particular search and add it to the browser. Even more, you can add as much specific searches as you like. The example you gave worked out like this:

https://www.upwork.com/jobs/?cn1=Admin+Support&cn2=Web+Research&q=&from=find-work#filter/?q=editing&...

And of course you get notifications and updates at time intervals depending on how quickly you want to search. This can be used until Upwork sorts out all the problems related to search.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
15 of 28

Thanks, Setu.

I just may give that a try and see how it works.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
16 of 28
Ok. Let us know how it works.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
17 of 28

@Ela K wrote:

I clear my cache all the time so that wasn't the problem. The ratings are still gone when you click on "Load more jobs". Even though I have rated those jobs they come up with no "thumbs down' symbol at all.

And just now I cleared my cache, logged in again and all previous ratings were lost. Again. 

And when I select "load more jobs" the symbol is still not visible.

Any news regarding this bug?

Highlighted
Community Guru
18 of 28

@Ela K wrote:

@Ela K wrote:

And just now I cleared my cache, logged in again and all previous ratings were lost. Again. 

And when I select "load more jobs" the symbol is still not visible.

Any news regarding this bug?

Valeria,

Could you please comment on this? I have asked the same question three times now.

And it is still happening. Just logged out, cleared my cache, logged back in - and all the ratings are gone.

Symbol is still not visible when selecting "load more jobs".

Many thanks!

Ela 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
19 of 28

Hi Ela,

We have escalated your report to our engineers but they need some more time to investigate. It seems like the issue may be related to the browser. It works properly on Google Chrome for me. Do you mind letting us know which browser are you using?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
20 of 28

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Ela,

We have escalated your report to our engineers but they need some more time to investigate. It seems like the issue may be related to the browser. It works properly on Google Chrome for me. Do you mind letting us know which browser are you using?

Thanks for your reply.

I only use Chrome as well. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS