cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Providing Feedback on Job Listings

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
21 of 28

Hi Ela,

I have received a reply from our engineers that it is intended for it to be this way for now. The state of the button persists through the current session. We'll implement this in a more permanent way in the future. In the meantime, rest assured that every feedback is recorded permanently and we are reviewing them quite actively.

Also, I would like to note that providing feedback in this way is not the same as flagging the job posting and it will not remove the job from the search results. It is used to help us refine our search system.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
22 of 28

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Ela,

I have received a reply from our engineers that it is intended for it to be this way for now. The state of the button persists through the current session. We'll implement this in a more permanent way in the future. In the meantime, rest assured that every feedback is recorded permanently and we are reviewing them quite actively.

Also, I would like to note that providing feedback in this way is not the same as flagging the job posting and it will not remove the job from the search results. It is used to help us refine our search system.

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I understand what the feature is supposed to do - and that only the current session (that way excluding "load more jobs") is relevant.

But even in my current session some of the jobs I rated earlier today appear as not rated now. By current session I mean that I didn't log out at any time.

It's not a big deal, only slightly annoying. But it shows that the feature is not working properly.

Best,

Ela

Community Guru
Santiago G Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
23 of 28

It seems to be a nice start or at least a good attempt. But it only works IF.... IF...... IF...... IF...... IF soemthing is done about the fake job posts that have been decorating so many job feeds. And I don't mean something done by the "crazy robot".

So off hand the questions I can think of are......

1) Can you select more than 1 reason? If no, why not? I would think you'd want more info about the matter.

2) Is something REALLY going to be done, by using this information you're gathering, about the fake/scam job posts? So many complained that they flagged a post or many posts and absolutely nothing was done about it. If this is going to end up as the same case, why did you bother??

3) How does the checking go for "Vague description"? Just because a description is short doesn't always mean it's truly vague. A point can easily be made in a sinlge sentence. Easy? Not entirely. Possible? Very!!

4) Why are other reasons excluded such as "I know this is a fake/scam post" and "I know this job post violates the rules in at least one way" ? That 1st reason is getting easier to spot by the day and the 2nd reason is all over the place too. For example, I have mentioned in other topics about a client that has posted the EXACT SAME job at least 60+ times. That was going on for MONTHS . I know this particular "client" costed people their connects repeatedly.

5) Does this feedback help get rid of "clients" that suddenly posted again? For example, today I spotted a client that has 20 posts, no hires, no verified payment method, and has been a memeber since 2009. Seems pretty off to me. Check the screen shot.

If one of the mods or anyone that knows about these things for certain and can ^answer, thanks in advance!!

Community Guru
24 of 28

I just tried it out a while ago. It seems to have a couple problems so far. 

1) The option doesn't show up in Firefox at all.

2) It does show up in Chrome but it didn't make any difference. What all I clicked to give feedback on still shows after I later re-started my browser again / login again. The posts are still there .... nothing changed.

3) The options don't cover everything.

4) Only one option can be selected.

It could use an "Other reason" option with a text box. That would help.

25 of 28

Hi Santiago,

Thank you very much for providing your feedback about the feature. I'll share it with the team and we'll continue improving it and using it to refine the search. I would just like to address a couple of points from your post.

Firstly, this feature is meant to collect your personal reasons for not being interested in the job. For reporting jobs that are simply inappropriate, please use the flagging option that you can access after clicking on the job posting.

Secondly, we had to limit it to the list of the most popular reasons we currently have for the feature to be more productive.

Thanks again.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
26 of 28

@ Valeria

Ok.

Is the feature going to eventually be used to clean up the posts that were given feedback? Without this type of capability, the feature really won't do much of anything useful and freelancers are going to wonder why they bother to provide feedback about job posts.

^Not targeting the specific client but the specific post instead so it's not continuing to get in the way ("bumping" moves or otherwise). We still have to consider that any given client could possibly fix up their future posts. Any given client could possibly have another post that does fully catch someone's attention.

Is flagging actually producing results now? I have seen so many complaints posted about how flagging has so far done nothing and lots of it. And flagging keeps getting suggested as "the way to go" in real deal problem posts.

edit:

Almost forgot!! The feature starting showing up in Firefox just now. Not sure why but oh well !!

27 of 28

Hi Setu,

This feedback will not be used to remove job postings for which the feedback was given from the marketplace. It will be used to present you with more relevant job posts in the future.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
28 of 28

I have a laptop in the bedroom and one in the living room, both using the same version of chrome. On one it works and I can see the icons to click and the other shows nothing at all.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS