Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Redesigned community for mobile optimization

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
31 of 244
Valeria,

Do you by any chance mean 8am PDT, the current prevailing time system?

Thanks and best,
MM
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
32 of 244

Thanks, Michael. I edited my post.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
33 of 244

Nice touch, Valeria.  Some other Upwork employees...could definitely learn from your example with this.  I'm specifically referring to those instances when they don't acknowledge their errors and worse yet even delete the posts and/or kudos associated with the mention of the error.

We're all human, right?  "To error is human; to forgive...divine."  I'm definitely human and am constantly working on myself to become more divine.  lol     

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
34 of 244

You're welcome, Valeria. One workaround I've seen lately is eliding the Daylight/Standard/Summer tag—e.g. for the US: PT, MT, CT, ET—which shifts responsibility for knowing the prevailing scheme from the publisher to the reader.

Best,
MM

edited to add:
...as I see you have done via full text in your revision. And just in case Lena's orginal update has been lost due to this digression, here's an edited version:

UPDATE: We plan to push our new Community redesign at 8am [PT] on Wednesday. Scheduled downtime for Community is until 11am [PT]! 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
35 of 244

Thanks for your patience everyone! There are still a few kinks that we found once the site was pushed to production. For example, the link to "View Upwork Profile" on Community profile pages wasn't responding. This will be fixed along with others soon, and we will update you again when they have been resolved. 

We hope you enjoy the new design, thanks again for your patience during our downtime. 

Untitled
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
36 of 244

this new interface is. Muddled, and totally unintuitive. Do we have to have the constantly sliding "Helpful tips" in our faces?  Huge font? I know most of us need glasses but . . .

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
37 of 244

Blabla to make my previous post visible.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
38 of 244

Hey Nichola, can you PM me a screenshot of what you see on your end? The font is not large on my view. Also, the Helpful Tips is on the side bar a small area, similar to the sidebar we had previously only the carousel which used to show on the home page will now be visible on all pages. 

Untitled
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
39 of 244

Lena,

It's taken me over half an hour to find my headed post, but which was incorporated somewhere else. I have taken a screenshot of this reply, which as I write has larger than normal font! I hope the prntscr. shows what I see.

http://prntscr.com/gtbs2m

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
40 of 244

- It seems that the last post of each (some?) thread(s) is always missing. At the moment of writing, I had to add another post so this one becomes visible.

- User logins briefly display when the page is loading.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless