Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Redesigned community for mobile optimization

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
181 of 244

Lena,

There was one issue that was brought up before, which is the impossibility to add a post to a thread without answering one specific post. In the old version, you had a button which allowed to create a new post inside the thread, in addition to the buttons that allowed you to answer to each specific post. Can you bring that button back?

Also, on the desktop version, there is a photo of the thread creator on the list of the threads. I think it would be better to display the photo of the last poster instead. Edit: I understand that in this case, the text preview should be of the last poster. The whole thing is a question of preferences...

And the last suggestion, please change the font in the post editor and make it consistent with the font of the messages as they are displayed. When you compose a post, the font is not only different (that's OK) but it's definitely not a good font choice. It's not that easy to read. I think.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
182 of 244

Rene and others,

We've pushed a few fixes and continue working on other issues that have been discovered and reported. Private messages should be working now.

The button you are referring to, Rene, wasn't a reply to the whole thread. What it did is it created a reply to the OP. In other words, there were two reply buttons that did the same thing, one at the top of the page and one on the original post itself. In this new design it was removed.

In the list of the threads, the picture of the OP and a shortened version of their original post is shown by design. I don't think we'll be changing that.

We also appreciate everybody's feedback about fonts and colors. We'll take them into consideration.

~ Valeria
Upwork
pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
183 of 244

@Valeria K wrote:

Rene and others,

We've pushed a few fixes and continue working on other issues that have been discovered and reported. Private messages should be working now.

The button you are referring to, Rene, wasn't a reply to the whole thread. What it did is it created a reply to the OP. In other words, there were two reply buttons that did the same thing, one at the top of the page and one on the original post itself. In this new design it was removed.

So we are stuck having to scroll all the way to the bottom of a thread to post a reply to the THREAD?

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
184 of 244

@Valeria K wrote:

The button you are referring to, Rene, wasn't a reply to the whole thread. What it did is it created a reply to the OP.

I understand. Can you just bring that button back? It would be convenient when you need to provide an answer related to the OP's post without having to navigate all the way down to find it.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
185 of 244

Valeria, yes.  No one can PM anyone else, including you.  Sigh.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
186 of 244

Has anyone noticed that if you click on "who kudoed you" the kudo person is shown in a little egg, not in their usual little round. Also, I seem to remember that when this awful new interface was rolled out there was the problem of names showing. There is still this problem, so why not simplify the matter and roll the forum back to the way it was and keep it that way?

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
187 of 244

@Nichola L wrote:

Has anyone noticed that if you click on "who kudoed you" the kudo person is shown in a little egg, not in their usual little round.

Nichola, you found another bug! Cat Tongue

Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
188 of 244

Waht does     {> (Log In)    do?

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
richard_wein
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
189 of 244

Hi. I've just encountered the new community design. It looks nice, but I have reservations about its functionality. One of the first things I noticed is that pinch-to-zoom has been disabled.

I know it's fashionable for websites to disable pinch-to-zoom. But please... don't join the herd. Pinch-to-zoom is there for a good reason. Some of don't have such good eyesight and we need to zoom in order to read text comfortably. Disabling pinch-to-zoon discriminates against older users like me (or anyone with poorer eyesight). And, as a computer tutor, I know how confusing it can be to many poeople when standard features don't work.

To me there's some irony in the fact that the new design is supposed to enhance the mobile experience. As far as I'm concerned, it has the opposite result, as long as pinch-to-zoom remains disabled.

http://adrianroselli.com/2015/10/dont-disable-zoom.html

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
190 of 244

Richard, odd you should mention this because I *can* zoom in with my phone, though I’d rather be able to zoom out and not scroll so much.