Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Redesigned community for mobile optimization

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
171 of 244

I actually had that happen once.  Got laid off, packing up my stuff, and someone yelled across the office that they were trying to send me an email and it wouldn't go through.. I yelled back that I'd been laid off and walked out the door laughing.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
172 of 244

Rene,

We are aware of the issue with user IDs showing when hovering over the pictures in the Community. This should be fixed by the end of this week.

Mary,

Are you referring to the same issue as Rene? 

Thanks for pointing out the problem with private messages. We now have it on our list of necessary fixes.

~ Valeria
Upwork
versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
173 of 244

Thanks Valeria!

And, you guys still not testing before deploying right? :-) ah, it's OK. Who tests anything nowadays?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
174 of 244

Rene, Nichola and others,

I'd just like to confirm that we are aware of several issues that will be resolved in the next 48 hours. Some issues are not transparent in staging environments and were detected only in our QA this morning. At this point we can't roll the new design back but those items will be resolved very soon.

I've also noted the issue Nichola reported with the shape of pictures on the kudoes page.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
175 of 244

@Valeria K wrote:

Rene, Nichola and others,

I'd just like to confirm that we are aware of several issues that will be resolved in the next 48 hours. Some issues are not transparent in staging environments and were detected only in our QA this morning. At this point we can't roll the new design back but those items will be resolved very soon.

I've also noted the issue Nichola reported with the shape of pictures on the kudoes page.

Thank you.

So... notifications are still only showing kudos, no replies.

And there is no way to see if there are new posts on a thread without going to the thread. Used to be I could see that information on my "all posts" page from my profile, but no more.

If you can't test in an environment that exposes common errors and flaws like exposing usernames when one hovers over a profile picture, or lack of basic functionality for following message threads, then your testing environment is flawed and your developers aren't paying attention. This is basic stuff.

jcullinan
Community Guru
176 of 244

Also, the HTML generated for posts is even WORSE than in the last iteration. Yikes.

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 9.15.21 PM.png

lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
177 of 244

Jess we will look into your issue. Notifications work fine on my side I can see replies to threads etc. Can you check what is shown under your notification settings, do you have it set to notify you for replies?

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 9.02.11 AM.png

Untitled
jcullinan
Community Guru
178 of 244

@Lena E wrote:

Jess we will look into your issue. Notifications work fine on my side I can see replies to threads etc. Can you check what is shown under your notification settings, do you have it set to notify you for replies?

I don't see anywhere in settings to change anything about notifications, and all I get are kudos. I have emails turned completely off, but that shouldn't be related to the notifications displayed on the site...

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
179 of 244

Jess,

You'll get notifications if your own posts are given kudos or accepted as a solution. In order to be notified about the activity on certain threads, you need to subscribe to those threads. You can subscribe to a thread using the Topic or Post Menus and manage your subscriptions from your Settings here.

~ Valeria
Upwork
zoomconcepts
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
180 of 244

@Valeria K wrote:

Some issues are not transparent in staging environments and were detected only in our QA this morning.

The QA is the morning before the rollout Smiley Very Happy 

Also, please, for the love of my eyesight, darken the greys while you're fixing stuff. It's a simple HEX replacement and it will save so many people headaches (literally). Even the (still light) grey from the main site is better - #f9f9f9 to #f2f2f2.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS