Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned community for mobile optimization

elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
211 of 244

When I look at the source code of my Community profile, my username comes up 6 times along with my FULL EMAIL ADDRESS!

Unbelievable. 

I am really amazed you're not handing over my password as well!

},
 "registered" : true,
 "emailRef" : "email address",
 "id" : 18881,
 "login" : "my username"
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
212 of 244

Hi Ela,

I checked and do see that usernames of the participating users are displayed in the source code and will reach out to our team asap to get this addressed. Thanks for the heads-up.

As for the email address, I found that only the logged in user can see their own email and not other users' address.

Untitled
elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
213 of 244

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Ela,

I checked and do see that usernames of the participating users are displayed in the source code and will reach out to our team asap to get this addressed. Thanks for the heads-up.

As for the email address, I found that only the logged in user can see their own email and not other users' address.

I frankly don't care - I just don't want to see this displayed under any circumstance. UW is so good at hiding useful information in the source code - this shouldn't be treated with less care.

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
214 of 244

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Ela,

I wasn't able to replicate your first point, could you please take a screenshot showing your username?

I've also noticed the odd flow from your second and third point and will follow up with the team. 

Finally, could you please describe the steps you've taken, and possibly any changes in your Settings, so I could try and replicate the German text you're seeing?

We appreciate your continued feedback!

Vlad, I can replicate Ela's username issue and I managed to snag a screenshot. I'll send you a PM.

cupidmedia
Community Guru
215 of 244

I just noticed that there is no longer an  "Upwork" symbol next to the names of moderators. The only indication of their "official" status is their community rank (which we already know causes confusion) and their signature - but some of them don't have the signature (like Avery), and a signature would also be easy for someone else to fudge:

Upwork symbol not showing on mod posts 3.PNG

(I blocked out their specific posts because they weren't relevant.)

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
216 of 244

Hi Jennifer,

We'll look into adding a badge next to moderators' names in the post during one of our future updates. Similar to how they show next to names in the list of threads and in private messages. Meanwhile, we'll make sure the badge shows in the signature for all moderators.

~ Valeria
Untitled
michael_skaggs
Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
217 of 244

How about being able to add a comment to a thread without having to reply to a specific comment. You know, the way every other forum in existence works?

Come to think of it, there are tons of far more functional off-the-shelf forum implementations that could be used instead of re-inventing the wheel (poorly).

cupidmedia
Community Guru
218 of 244

@Michael S wrote:

How about being able to add a comment to a thread without having to reply to a specific comment. You know, the way every other forum in existence works?

Come to think of it, there are tons of far more functional off-the-shelf forum implementations that could be used instead of re-inventing the wheel (poorly).

Yes I miss this option too. I'd like to see the generic "reply" button that was at the top/bottom of the screen brought back. I know in practice its just a "reply" to the OP and is still threaded, but that was my preferred way of posting if I wasn't addressing something specific in another post in the thread.

michael_skaggs
Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
219 of 244

And adding to the annoyance factor, you get stupid quirks like this...

(And it's almost 2018... A "modern" forum doesn't support PNG attachments???)

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
220 of 244

Hi Michael,

Please check the clarification Valeria posted earlier on this thread and note that the option you're referring to wasn't available in the old design, it just mimicked the reply to OP option and that's why it was removed in the updated layout.

Regarding the quirk you noted, I'm not able to replicate the duplicate buttons so please let me know if this happens when using different browsers and if it's related to a ceratin action you're taking. Thank you.

Untitled