cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned community for mobile optimization

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
91 of 244

Hi Andrei,

We are aware and are working to fix a few issues, including the one with usernames being displayed below users photos for a second when a page is loaded. Thank you.

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
93 of 244

I'm going to have to put my vote in for the new design being terrible. Almost a third of my screen is taken up with the stuff I have no interest in looking at on the right-hand side.

The actual messages themselves take up so much room that you have to scroll a mile to read them all before the next page.

Also, how am I supposed to know if I'm logged in or not?

All in all, maybe it looks good on mobile devices but it looks terrible on a desktop.

I guess I should say thank you because I've been cutting down on the time I spend in the forums and the new design makes that a lot easier.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
93 of 244

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
94 of 244

Hi David,

I'm sorry you feel this way, please note that we're working on resolving a few issues identified with the new design and will take into account the feedback you shared. We'll follow up to confirm once the Community is fully functional and hope we'll get your feedback on it then as well.

Community Guru
95 of 244

If you want to add an answer to the thread, that is, to the original poster, you have to navigate to the first post. Please put back the button that allowed to add an answer to the OP.

Again, please add the page navigation bar on the top, now it's only at the bottom.

I'm not opposed to this new design, I'm OK with it provided that these little interface glitches are addressed. Unfortunately, I have to admit that the buggy implementation beautifully reflects the poor quality assessment of new IT implementations done by Upwork. It's consistent with the server migration disaster few months ago for instance.

-----------
Community Guru
96 of 244

Do you realize that this thread is not even listed in the Announcement section despite being part of it?

-----------
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
97 of 244

@Rene K wrote:

If you want to add an answer to the thread, that is, to the original poster, you have to navigate to the first post. Please put back the button that allowed to add an answer to the OP.

Again, please add the page navigation bar on the top, now it's only at the bottom.

I'm not opposed to this new design, I'm OK with it provided that these little interface glitches are addressed. Unfortunately, I have to admit that the buggy implementation beautifully reflects the poor quality assessment of new IT implementations done by Upwork. It's consistent with the server migration disaster few months ago for instance.

1,000 kudos. Thread Page Navigation at the Top - YES!.  Reply to THREAD (OP) - YES!, so that our new post goes to the very bottom and does not show up halfway through the thread, like this post will.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
98 of 244
@Wendy C wrote:

The new forum format is 

1. UGLY

2. IMPOSSIBLE to navigate

3. UGLY

4. Remarkably like a preschooler's art project gone WRONG

5. User UNFRIENDLY (was this the actual intent, Upwork?)

6. Did I mention UGLY?

I'm so sorry, but I couldn't have said it any better than Wendy. I really feel sorry for your designer right now, but this is so awful ... If your aim was to get fewer people to visit & post in the forums, I think this might do it Smiley Sad

99 of 244

Hi Rene,

I did see you posted a comment earlier today on the Announcement thread which I couldn't access initially, even though it was indicated on the thread that you commented on it. So far that's the only case I've come across and we'll have it addressed along with the other issues we've discovered and users reported having. I'd like to ask you for your patience with the recently rolled-out Community design, which should become fully functional soon.

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
100 of 244

@Vladimir G wrote:

....I'd like to ask you for your patience with

the recently rolled-out Community design,

which should become fully functional soon.

Nothing personal, Vladimir, this is a general note to Upwork:

The three phrases above do not belong in the same sentence. It continues to amaze that Upwork disregards standard testing and implementation protocol, as laid out earlier by Kathryn B.