Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned community for mobile optimization

michael_skaggs
Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
231 of 244

@Lena E wrote:
  • Image previews take a ridiculously long time to load compared to their file sizes. I'm not experiencing this on my end. 

I've reproduced it here: https://youtu.be/yokkslacSAY - Image in question is only 238kb, and I'm on an uncongested 90mb broadband connection.
michael_skaggs
Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
232 of 244

Also, as to the incorret post flags:Post Flag.png

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
233 of 244

@Michael S wrote:

...there are tons of far more functional off-the-shelf forum implementations that could be used instead of re-inventing the wheel (poorly).

Michael,

This is an off-the-shelf implementation, periodically tweaked by Upwork. I forget the name of the vendor.

Best,

Michael

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
234 of 244

@Douglas Michael M wrote:
<snip

Michael,

This is an off-the-shelf implementation, periodically tweaked by Upwork. I forget the name of the vendor.

Best,

Michael

Lithium. Which always makes me giggle.

renata101
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
235 of 244

For what it's worth, the add photo feature (the little camera icon with the word "Photos" next to it) for message posting doesn't seem to be working. When I go to "Choose" to grab a file, I can get the file to load, but then I can't seem to do anything from there. I'm stuck on the page with no option to get off. I don't know if there's a button or something that I can't reach because the pop-up is huge.

Also, the page doesn't look like it's been visually modified to go with the rest of the site. So not only does it not work, it also looks sloppy and unprofessional. And it looks like it's too big for the screen.

Please note: if you can't seem to replicated this, try it on a Mac laptop.

I'm trying to send this message with the screenshot file attached using "Choose Files."  Actually, I can't do that because I get a red error message saying that it has the wrong file extension.  I might try to see if I can PM one of the mods to see if that works. 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
236 of 244

Hi Renata,

Could you please try uploading a different file and let me know if you're seeing the same error? I checked and the feature is working as expected and I was able to insert a file in my post.

Untitled
renata101
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
237 of 244

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for checking this out. Not to belabour the point because I know you're an intelligent being, but did you try it out on a Mac? I don't know if there's a special thread for the non-mobile issues. The problem appears to be  with Safari. The pop-up is too large (see screenshots, which show that I can add photos in FireFox but not in Safari). 

In the first screenshot (Safari) the window is too large and I can't access the green "Done" button.

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 1.37.35 PM.png

In this screenshot (FireFox) the pop-up window is a normal size and the green "Done" button can be accessed.

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 1.36.39 PM.png

You didn't mention which browser you tried.  It doesn't look like they tested this for Safari. I suspect the browser issue is probably why you can't replicate other issues that people have mentioned. Unless there's been an update that I can't remember installing.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
238 of 244

Hi Renata,

Thanks for clarifying. I'll share the screenshots and info you provided with the team for further investigation. 

Untitled
richard_wein
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
239 of 244

Hello.

I'm still hoping that you will stop disabling pinch-to-zoom on mobile devices, as doing this makes the site less accessible to users with poorer eyesight, including older users like me.

If your web developers are unaware that they're doing this, please tell them that all they have to do is delete the following HTML code:

"<meta content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no" name="viewport"/>"

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
240 of 244

Richard,

We have been investigating the issue you are having with pinch and zoom since you reported it and haven't been able to replicate it on various devices. Pinch and zoom feature is build into this design and appears to work. However, we found that you may be affected by a known iOS 9 issue. You can try upgrading your software and see if it works.

~ Valeria
Untitled