Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned community for mobile optimization

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
241 of 244

@Valeria K wrote:

Richard,

We have been investigating the issue you are having with pinch and zoom since you reported it and haven't been able to replicate it on various devices. Pinch and zoom feature is build into this design and appears to work. However, we found that you may be affected by a known iOS 9 issue. You can try upgrading your software and see if it works.

Hi Valeria. Thanks very much for looking into this, and responding to my comment. However, you're mistaken about the cause of the problem. Pinch-to-zoom is disabled on this page by the inclusion of the code I quoted above. I can see that code on this very page if I select "View page source". Note that the code includes "user-scalable=no". The purpose of this code is to disable zooming.

The reason you can't see this effect in all browsers is because some browsers ignore this code. Others have an option to ignore it. If I browse this forum in Chrome on my Android smartphone, pinch-to-zoom is disabled by default. But I can override your code and re-enable pinch-to-zoom by selecting the following option in Settings > Accessibility:

"Force enable zoom

Override a website's request to prevent zooming in"

Here's a web page that discusses the issue in more detail:

http://adrianroselli.com/2015/10/dont-disable-zoom.html

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
242 of 244

Thanks for the follow-up Richard, I'll share the rational you provided with our team and follow up with more information as soon as possible.

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
243 of 244

I'm not sure if this is related to the redesign or not (because I'm certain I've used a saved macro since it was released) but now the option to use a macro is missing in my reply, and if I go to my settings -> macros, there's no list of macros and I can't create a new one:

Macro.PNG

Tested in both Chrome and Firefox, cleared cache/cookies, still no luck.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
244 of 244

Hi Jennifer, 

I was able to replicate your issue with my account. I will go ahead and escalate this to the team so that they can look into it. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS