Redesigned community for mobile optimization

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
61 of 244

Deleted due to double post

Community Guru
62 of 244

John, having the ability to see a FLer profile makes it that much easier for theft ... 

Again, I have to wonder if this was intentional.  Perhaps CS got weary of "my profile was stolen. Here is the link." mesaages.

I know it was discussed ... but did anyone think it would look this horrendous?

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
63 of 244

@Wendy C wrote:

John, having the ability to see a FLer profile makes it that much easier for theft ... 

Again, I have to wonder if this was intentional.  Perhaps CS got weary of "my profile was stolen. Here is the link." mesaages.

I know it was discussed ... but did anyone think it would look this horrendous?

I was afraid of something like this, but kept my trap shut. As to discouraging profile theft, I don't think hiding them in forum profiles will have much impact.

64 of 244

My initial reaction to the new design was to choke on my coffee.  Not exactly the coffee break I had intended to take, but so be it.

Suggestions:

1. Get rid of the superfluous graphic underneath the search box on the Community Home page.  That will help to lessen the scrolling issues.

2. It is entirely too white, making the font of the text I am typing at this moment appear hard to read.  Please consider adjusting the color behind posts and in the text entry area to a slightly more cream or gray color to properly offset the text itself.  Seriously, this is killing my eyes.

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
65 of 244

Kathryn B wrote

Suggestions:

1. Get rid of the superfluous graphic underneath the search box on the Community Home page.  That will help to lessen the scrolling issues. 

Aw, you're gonna hurt the feelings of the artist who perpetrated that image. Cat Sad

66 of 244

In response to John's post which appears to have disappeared entirely (which makes me look crazy and I really don't need help with that, thanks) ---

I'm afraid they're just going to have to put on their big-kid pants and deal with it.  I'm more likely to hurt the feelings of the one who designed the layout, but they can wear an identical pair of pants for that as well.  That's what happens when they make me choke on my coffee.  Cat LOL

My biggest issue is with the glaring brightness of it.  Too much white and as Wendy stated, it is so basic that I want to cry.  Even some color block adjustment for the post backgrounds would help.  Perhaps a nice borderline to break up the sections.  SOMETHING to make it look like there was actual thought put into it.  Instead, it feels like it was slapped together without any thought given to eye strain or overall appeal.  It is killing my eyes, as well as the inner designer that lives in my blackened heart.

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
67 of 244

@Kathryn B wrote:

In response to John's post which appears to have disappeared entirely (which makes me look crazy and I really don't need help with that, thanks) ---

I think posts are appearing and disappearing in general - you'll notice there's a post count under each contributors name (50 of 52, for example), but they don't add up from one page to the next. There's a number missing when you go to the next page.

So... does that mean posts aren't being shown, or the counter doesn't work? I'm inclined to believe it is the former, given the number of responses I've seen to posts not in evidence, in a number of threads.

(And I totally agree with all of your design comments. This is just ugly, and hard to read.)

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
68 of 244

@Jess C wrote:

@Kathryn B wrote:

I think posts are appearing and disappearing in general - you'll notice there's a post count under each contributors name (50 of 52, for example), but they don't add up from one page to the next. There's a number missing when you go to the next page.

So... does that mean posts aren't being shown, or the counter doesn't work? I'm inclined to believe it is the former, given the number of responses I've seen to posts not in evidence, in a number of threads.

(And I totally agree with all of your design comments. This is just ugly, and hard to read.)

Totally agree - posts are being posted all over the place. They start off under one heading and end up under another. Upwork - maybe this is just a ploy to close down the community? If so, just be transparent about it . . .

Community Guru
69 of 244

I really feel sorry for the FLing web designers. Potential clients taking a peek at the new format would automaticaly equate the work to what should be the best FLers work.

As a writer I have heard comments along this line from clients in regard to their attempts to find instructions on the most basic of features.  

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
70 of 244

All,

A few clarifications. We are aware of the issues with user IDs showing, the most recent posts on the thread not being displayed for some users and profile links not being available. None of these are intentional and we are working to fix them as soon as possible. We'll also merge all comments related to the redesign of the Community to this thread in order to keep the conversation and feedback in one place.

Thank you for your understanding.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS