cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned community for mobile optimization

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
71 of 244

Suggestion 1: can you take the page navigation bar that is at the bottom (allowing to navigate from one page to the other) and copy it on the top? Now you have to scroll the whole page down to access it. I believe you had it on top and on the bottom on the former fora.

Suggestion 2: can you revert to the previous version, finish your tests and clean the bugs and then bring the new version back? Smiley Happy

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
72 of 244

@Valeria K wrote:

All,

A few clarifications. We are aware of the issues with user IDs showing, the most recent posts on the thread not being displayed for some users and profile links not being available. None of these are intentional and we are working to fix them as soon as possible. We'll also merge all comments related to the redesign of the Community to this thread in order to keep the conversation and feedback in one place.

Thank you for your understanding.

Some additional bugs to squash:

1. Post count is incorrect from one page of replies to the next. There's a post missing between pages, on every thread I've checked.

2. List of "All Posts" on a contributor's profile page (from "Latest Posts," click "View All") does not show any indication of replies on threads. I am shown as the "Latest Post" under every topic (by my full username), but when I click through to the topic, there are additional replies. So, currently, the only way to track a conversation is to keep reloading it.

3. Notifications only show kudos and not replies. This goes hand in hand with point 2 - no way to track a conversation!

Serious annoyances by design:

1. No navigation links to the individual pages of replies in a topic appear at the top of the page, only "Next Topic" and "Previous Topic." Page links are only at the bottom of the page, sandwiched between topic navigation. I keep clicking "Next Topic" thinking it's "Next Page." Please visually differentiate these things and put links at BOTH the top and bottom of the page!

2. Moving carousel in the right sidebar is distracting and unhelpful. If it has to appear on every page, at least make it stop cycling at some point. Better yet, get rid of it. At least update the content - it's referring to Quarter 1 numbers, and here we are in Q4, and also version 4.0 of the Android App that is now on version 4.9. Seriously.

3. Functionality has been removed from the reply screen to quickly bring up the current topic in a new tab/pop-up. Please reinstate!

4. The font weight is too light for good legibility. I think it's worse in the redesign, or else I got really used to it in the previous iteration, but I'm squinting.

5. "Featured Contributor" and "Top Kudoed Members" on every page are things we all said we didn't care about when you asked over the summer, and yet there they are, taking up valuable real estate on every screen. This is not useful or even interesting information.

Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
73 of 244

Just to add, as feedback, not as complaint, though I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter at this point: whoever decided that a 3-line post should take up this much space needs to reevaluate their space perception. This is coming from someone who loves to use white space in their design. 

(*Sorry, John, your post was just the right size to demonstrate Smiley Very Happy )

1.gifLook at all this wasted real estate. Someone mentioned the entire thing feels disjointed - it does. Because 3 lines are taking the space of 2 paragraphs and the block around them is free-floating. Yeah, good for mobile responsiveness, awful for visual integrity. 

Posting this though, I found something I really like: kudos on the drag&drop functionality for attaching photos. That entire process is much easier now. 

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
74 of 244

Hi Bojana,

How quotes of other posts are displayed inline of a new post is an out of the box design, and behaves the same way it did with our previous design. I understand it does utilize alot of whitespace, but this is not a priority that we will be addressing. 

Untitled
Community Manager
75 of 244

Hi Jess,

The notification screen does show replies, if its not showing on your end I will add this as an issue to be resolved. The page navigation is at the top of the page is also something that will be addressed. Could you elaborate on number 3?

Untitled
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
76 of 244

@Lena E wrote:

Hi Jess,

The notification screen does show replies, if its not showing on your end I will add this as an issue to be resolved. The page navigation is at the top of the page is also something that will be addressed. Could you elaborate on number 3?

All I see on the notification screen is Kudos. Which I don't care about at all.

I'm assuming you're talking about my second #3 - it used to be that you could scroll down under the reply window to see the post you're replying to, and there was a link to "view discussion in pop-up." That link is gone. Instead, there's a copy of the "Reply" button again. But I'm already typing a reply...

Community Manager
77 of 244

Kathryn, can you take a screenshot of what is showing as your reply box and background. The reply box does have a gray background in the text feld and the background is also a gray color and the boxes have borders and a shadow. 

Untitled
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
78 of 244

The new look needs a little getting used to.

When I’m logged in, I don’t see my name.

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
79 of 244

Ravi, or A LOT of getting used to...Smiley Wink

Community Guru
Kathryn B Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
80 of 244

This is a white background and the forum itself needs borders instead of flat white all over.  If you cannot read this very well, that is because I can't either.  Screenshot linked below.

forumprtscrn.jpg

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS