Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned community for mobile optimization

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
81 of 244

@Lena E wrote:

....The reply box does have a gray background in the text feld and the background is also a gray color and the boxes have borders and a shadow. 

Yes, and the text is gray! Really? Have the designers ever heard of a little thing called contrast, and its relation to legibility?

Community Guru
Kathryn B Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
82 of 244

Lena, 

I had already responded to this once with a screenshot, but it has entirely disappeared from the thread.  I've checked every single page to see if the new forum had "moved" it, but it's simply gone.  Hopefully, the forum gods don't zap it again, considering I'm responding to a direct request from actual UW staff.

forumprtscrn.jpg

That is the screen I see for replies.  No grey background.  There is a border box for the reply section.  However, this is exactly how the forum looks outside of replies as well.  It is entirely white background, no division whatsoever, which is glaringly bright.  I use Google Chrome, latest version, all updates completed, and before a mod can say it... I've already cleaned my darn cache.  (HA, in before the canned spam).

I realize this is small compared to the myriad bugs and glitches, but it is an issue, and I know I'm not alone.  I appreciate you looking into it and thank you for showing concern for us blind folks.  Smiley Happy

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
83 of 244

Kathryn, it's grey - very light grey so on most screens people won't see any difference. It's #ffffff for the container and #f9f9f9 for the typing box and forum background. But it's barely noticeable on my monitor and I'm on a good-quality calibrated IPS display. It's quite bright, and the technical division of white / grey doesn't really matter for the UX. 

Community Guru
84 of 244

Exactly.  My monitor is awesome, as I purchased it with the sole purpose of being able to distinguish shades better (3d graphic art nerd, I NEED my distinctions in order to set lighting properly), but the difference is so negligible that it may as well not exist.

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
85 of 244

In my notification feed, I can see the usernames of everybody permanently. When I use the search function, I can see usernames briefly when results are returned.

Please fix this.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
86 of 244

Hi Ela,

We are aware of this issue and are working to fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
87 of 244

These are such glaringly basic issues that I am truly disappointed.  This is what testing is for.  You test before you release.  You offer a beta test site access to select individuals.  You find the bugs FIRST, especially the big ones like actual user names being shown.

I'm sorry, there are plenty of changes I have liked in the past.  This one, so far, is a complete wash for me.  Far too many bugs that should have been discovered through beta testing; a design that is far too obvious in its flaws.

Here's hoping that the next update shows some serious improvements.

Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
88 of 244

Great points, Kathryn. But why actually beta test when you can get 50 FLs complaining about things in great detail within minutes of going live? I don't know if people have been picking up on this, but as with most things, we are the beta test.  

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
89 of 244

Hmm...is anyone receiving deposits into their accounts for assisting with this? lol

Community Leader
Andrei T Member Since: Aug 30, 2016
90 of 244

Why are usernames still visible ? This version should be taken down, there's nothing to 'fix'.