cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of outdated Skills Tests

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 17

Upwork makes Skills Tests available for freelancers to help market their skills to prospective clients. We are working to improve skill testing and as part of that effort, we will soon be adding new tests and removing some outdated tests. Outdated tests include those that have old versions of technologies being tested.

Skills Tests that you’ve already completed and their results will continue to display on your profile, even if that test has been removed. If you would like to take one of the tests set for removal, do so soon. Once these Skills Tests are removed you will no longer be able to take them.

The following list of Skills Tests will soon be added to the platform:

1. Microsoft Excel 2016 Skills Test
  2. Microsoft Word 2016 Skills Test
  3. Microsoft Word 2016 Skills Test
  4. Microsoft Powerpoint 2016 Skills Test
  5. Windows Server 2016 Skills Test
  6. Microsoft Office 2016 Skills Test

The following Skills Tests will soon be removed from the platform:

1. Solaris 10 U4 Test
  2. Adobe After Effects 7.0 Test
  3. 3ds Max 9 Test
  4. CorelDraw X3 Test
  5. JSP 2.0 Test
  6. Adobe Flash CS3 Test
  7. Maya 7.0 Test
  8. Visual Basic Test
  9. JDBC 2.1 Test
  10. Delphi 6 Test
  11. SOAP 1.2 Test
  12. Oracle Forms 9i Test
  13. Macromedia Flash 8 Test
  14. Macromedia Flash 8 Test (Mac Version)
  15. 3ds Max 7.0 Test
  16. Corel Paint Shop Pro XI Test
  17. Knowledge of VirtueMart Test
  18. MS PowerPoint 2007 Test
  19. NetBeans Test
  20. PBwiki - Pages and Files Test
  21. Peachtree 7 Test
  22. Visual Basic 6 Test
  23. Windows Vista Administration Test
  24. Oracle 10g Database Administration
  25. Oracle 10g Test

We appreciate your input as we continue to improve the value of skill testing at Upwork and we will continue to update you as more tests are added/removed. Let us know if you have any questions.

Untitled
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
2 of 17

This is a step in the right direction... I'd suggest you remove ALL software tests as they are not a good measure of skills and are generally out of date even before they are written. Adobe Creative Suite tests are particularly egregious.

Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
3 of 17

Jess C wrote:

This is a step in the right direction... I'd suggest you remove ALL software tests as they are not a good measure of skills and are generally out of date even before they are written. Adobe Creative Suite tests are particularly egregious.

Another step in the right direction would be if Upwork could develop ways and means the keep the answers to these new tests off the internet for as long as possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The problem with silver linings is that they always come with dark clouds attached - RB
Holly A Member Since: Jul 8, 2015
4 of 17

I think that's great.  Could you take it one step further and allow our Skills Tests results to List in alphabetical order except that FAILED tests should be at the bottom - we're obviously NOT going to display those.  And maybe remove the multiple entries of Tests that we have chosen NOT to display?  It is always so hard to determine which score is best, which is newest, which ones I should probably renew/retake.  Will appreciate your response.  Thanks!

Anna L Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 17

Please add a Bohemian Coding Sketch test.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 17

Thanks for your feedback, Anna. We'll share it with the team.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Stephen K Member Since: Aug 30, 2017
7 of 17

Good idea, though I would request answers to those test to be kept for refference.

Charles S Member Since: Dec 3, 2017
8 of 17

If you are removing Oracle 10g Database Administration when will you have Oracle 12c Database Administration skills test? That's important for Oracle DBAs or professionals alike. Other than attaching our certs there is no current skills validation available for us since you removed 10g. 

Roman M Member Since: Jul 29, 2017
9 of 17

Adobe After Effects 7.0 Test removed.

When will be added Adobe After Effects Pro/CC/2017/2018 Test?

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
10 of 17

Hi Roman, 

We will update this announcement with a new list of tests. Thank you for your feedback I will share it with our team. Let us know if you have other questions. We're here to help.

Joanne
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS