cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of outdated Skills Tests

Ace Contributor
Lucian M Member Since: Jun 25, 2017
11 of 17

I'm glad that I have found this topic. When the next time will come for other changes to be made on the list of tests can Adobe Illustrator Test & Logo Design Test be split in more tests ? Four, actually. Each test dedicated to the right program. I had the recent surprise to find that I had to answer to few question related to CorelDraw program. To begin with, I never was a user to such product. Photoshop was the first I used with my hands and I simply connect to it. At some point if I remember right, I did a 15 trial of CorelDraw some years ago, at someone's recommendation, but I could not make "friendship" with the program interface in the first place. How much I tried to accept, this program was not dedicated for me. It was more than just interface related, it was how I was using the program tools, the directions, how I had to go through many steps to draw what I wanted. Smiley Indifferent I don't know how CorelDraw is today. Sure, perhaps the program got better now, but I just got used with Adobe Photoshop products.

From my perspective, it should be in this order:

CorelDraw Illustrator Test
Adobe Illustrator Test

Logo Design For CorelDraw Users Test
Logo Design For Adobe Photoshop Users Test

After all, it doesn't matter what program we use, if already one title puts more attention at words like "Logo" & "Design" and not what program we use. Smiley Happy

Also, I haven't seen logo design jobs asking for CorelDraw as skill requirement since last year in summer.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 17

Thank you for your feedback, Lucian. We'll share it with the team.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
13 of 17

Valeria, if you could also inform the Upwork team to introduce Adobe Lightroom test. Is for Graphic Design section (photography editing) and there are plenty of jobs being posted daily, dedicated to this software. I'm interested to take the test based on this software to see how good I am at it and what I need to learn more from it. Surely, this will have a good impact on freelancer profile and bring confidence to clients. Thank you.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
14 of 17

Hi Lucian,

We will share this with our team as well, thank you for your feedback.

Untitled
Ace Contributor
15 of 17

Hello, it's me again.

I returned to ask if the corel draw questions in the Logo & Design test are now out or they still exist ? I studied and prepared myself during these last days. I took the necessary test, but I kept this one for the last to study if it still requires coreldraw.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
16 of 17

Hi Lucian,

Just to confirm that section is still on the test. You can view this on the under Test Contents once you have opened a test you would like to take. Thank you!
Capture.PNG

Untitled
Ace Contributor
17 of 17

Yes. It seems the test still has Corel basic from the look of your image provided.

Well then, I do hope CorelDraw has some available trial days.

Thank you, Goran.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS