cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Researching and evaluating skill tests

Michael O Member Since: Jun 8, 2016
1381 of 1,775

Everyone keeps talking about these so-called cheaters. But who are these "cheaters"? Who would bother that much to waste people's time by cheating on the tests and then inevitably failing on a job that they might not even end up getting any pay for?

I'm a developer and I have to say that in order to actually cheat on one of these tests the only way would be to hire an expert and have them take the test for you on your account. That would be quite expensive and difficult to find anyone actually willing to do it, especially with how competitive the markets are. And why does everyone who is accusing others of cheating never ever have even one test passed if it's so easy to cheat on them you would think that everyone would have a passing score.

Has anyone actaully ever been caught cheating on any of these tests? Is there any actual evidence of it, anything real to actually point to and say see I know people are cheating because of x y z, or is it just sour grapes for the unskilled?

Vladimir B Member Since: Jan 8, 2016
1382 of 1,775

Lena E wrote:

They found profile introductions, portfolios, and job feedback to better showcase a freelancer’s skills and experience. 

Again, good luck to newcomers trying to succeed here. Those tests were one of the very few things a new freelancer could show-off here before getting feedback from a job and richer portfolio. Despite all these "spam" comments about this being a good decision I think it wasn't as vast majority of clients I worked with have browsed that section which helped them choose me over other freelancers. But you do you Upwork. 

Fareed C Member Since: Jul 13, 2019
1383 of 1,775

Upwork is now moving toward the right direction. Skill tests doesn't matter at all. What matters is all your profile data, your portfolio and the feedback given by the clients. Skill tests were just a junk and also obselete.

Morteza A Member Since: Jul 24, 2018
1384 of 1,775

That's a good idea

Md Ruman F Member Since: Apr 4, 2019
1385 of 1,775

I think it's an good decision.

Arbab K Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
1386 of 1,775

Finally, a good decision 

Highlighted
Susantha P Member Since: Jul 13, 2019
1387 of 1,775

Dear Madam,

I know will removing in upwork, i am very sad this test, i try more 

Thanks

Susantha,

Imdadul I Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
1388 of 1,775

good decision

Sadman Sakib J Member Since: Nov 4, 2017
1389 of 1,775

Its a great decision.

Devanshu B Member Since: Jul 14, 2019
1390 of 1,775

yes, you are right, a skill test is not important in my point of view. Feedback from clients is more important.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS