Did you mean: 

Removing Skill Tests on July 16th

Faisal S Member Since: Jul 7, 2019
11 of 1,826
Good decision. i welcome thìs decision.
Sunil H Member Since: Jul 11, 2019
12 of 1,826

Hi,

What is upwork doing to protect the freelancer for false job feedback, where generally after completing the work and getting work submitted. the project owner gives false feedback  or demands full refund of money in exchange ... this is a serious problem on upwork...

Bipasha M Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
13 of 1,826

It Is Right Decision..

Abi C Member Since: Jul 16, 2019
14 of 1,826

I do not think upwrok really cares about it. 

Punita P Member Since: Apr 17, 2019
15 of 1,826

I agreed with this. This happens in UpWork. Thanks for rainsing this issue.

Shohrab A Member Since: Sep 5, 2017
16 of 1,826

I agree with @Sunil in case of some Cients from USA, because I experienced with 2 clients already.

Travis W Member Since: Oct 26, 2017
17 of 1,826
This man has taken the words right from my mouth. In addition I'd add that inexperienced clients demand insane things like a total shift in requirements with no additional billing, or they underestimate completion times when they have zero knowledge of your trade... all while holding your profile score hostage when you try to reject in reasonable ways. It's downright nasty, and salt on the wound when Upwork throws up their hands and says they won't intervene! Pure insanity.
Community Guru
Richard L Member Since: Dec 14, 2016
18 of 1,826

Travis W,

" ... inexperienced clients demand insane things like a total shift in requirements with no additional billing, or they underestimate completion times when they have zero knowledge of your trade... all while holding your profile score hostage when you try to reject in reasonable ways... Upwork throws up their hands and says they won't intervene..."

I agree with that almost entirely. Upwork does have some lesser observed services that I didn't even know about that help stand up for the client (and I don't mean arbitration). 

But changing the grounds of the deliverables from either end shouldn't be tolerated and should also be obvious. That's why I build in milestones...it helps to self-check that the work being submitted is acceptable (granted not always possible to do.). I also make a habit of spelling out exactly what I'll be doing.

More work on my end, but less taxing on the psyche.

Riaz H Member Since: Feb 8, 2019
19 of 1,826
good
Lynn H Member Since: Feb 27, 2016
20 of 1,826
Lovely, I will be sending an invoice for all the time I spent taking tests--on your recommendation.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS