cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Skill Tests on July 16th

Ben M Member Since: Sep 25, 2019
21 of 1,826

I think there should be skills tests, but Upwork needs to invest significant time and resources into making the test harder and more valuable. Look at TopTal, their tests are almost impossible. Not recommending that you do what they do, but a step in that direction would be good. Perhaps optional test 'badges' that are very hard and a worker can pass if they like, a bit like a certification. This would increase the value not only of the worker but of your site.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
22 of 1,826

Thanks for your suggestion, Ben!

While we do not have any feedback if we will bring back the skills test, I have shared your suggestion with the team for their consideration. 

-Avery
Untitled
Amira E Member Since: Oct 27, 2019
23 of 1,826
I don't agree
Peter M Member Since: Sep 2, 2019
24 of 1,826

Quick question .How does a very skilled person but new to upwork get a job because it seems that only people who have been hired here are more likely to get jobs 

Anthony M Member Since: Sep 6, 2019
25 of 1,826

I did it by my portfolio, and paid for danny margulies training, which helped give me a huge advantage that actually worked for me outside of upwork, but I do what I can to help contribute to upwork community to keep the freedom going. Yes you will have to deal with inexperienced clients, but you have a right to say no, or impose the billing requirements for said extra work. If they don't agree, do what you were hired to do and close the contract. Unlike on freelancer, when these clients take it out on you about their own mistakes, upwork at least gives you a chance to defend yourself. It's subject to change since upwork's transition to automate everything which will end up bad, but for now, get your portfolio set up, and every piece of work you ever done, put it on there. For extra results, I suggest danny margulies classes. It worked for me and I am on upwork full time now. Just be the experience and take the smaller jobs first and get 5 star ratings which build up your job success score, I suggest doing this until you become top rated. From there, you have a new set of challenges, but the rewards so far have been worth it.

KAMAL S Member Since: Jan 14, 2019
26 of 1,826
@Peter_M , Seems like nobody cares about the newbies in this world. It happens in every field of work, offline as well as online.
Keith H Member Since: May 30, 2019
27 of 1,826

When I was new to Upwork, my test scores really helped me get my first jobs. I'm sure they helped even after I had gotten some experience on the site.

Now that test scores have been removed from profiles, I suppose newbies must find other ways to stand out and attract their first clients. Sadly, for some freelancers, this may mean reducing rates to unpleasantly low levels, at least temporarily.

Muhammad B Member Since: Oct 24, 2019
28 of 1,826

Thats Good decision.

A K T Member Since: Jun 27, 2019
29 of 1,826

Ahmad A Member Since: Dec 31, 2018
30 of 1,826

It's really good desigen. freelancers can't pass self tes All freelancers give mony and pass Tests on Tests centers it's really good Desigen

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS