Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Skill Tests on July 16th

Bipasha M Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
11 of 1,713

It Is Right Decision..

Abi C Member Since: Jul 16, 2019
12 of 1,713

I do not think upwrok really cares about it. 

Punita P Member Since: Apr 17, 2019
13 of 1,713

I agreed with this. This happens in UpWork. Thanks for rainsing this issue.

Shohrab A Member Since: Sep 5, 2017
14 of 1,713

I agree with @Sunil in case of some Cients from USA, because I experienced with 2 clients already.

Travis W Member Since: Oct 26, 2017
15 of 1,713
This man has taken the words right from my mouth. In addition I'd add that inexperienced clients demand insane things like a total shift in requirements with no additional billing, or they underestimate completion times when they have zero knowledge of your trade... all while holding your profile score hostage when you try to reject in reasonable ways. It's downright nasty, and salt on the wound when Upwork throws up their hands and says they won't intervene! Pure insanity.
Community Guru
Richard L Member Since: Dec 14, 2016
16 of 1,713

Travis W,

" ... inexperienced clients demand insane things like a total shift in requirements with no additional billing, or they underestimate completion times when they have zero knowledge of your trade... all while holding your profile score hostage when you try to reject in reasonable ways... Upwork throws up their hands and says they won't intervene..."

I agree with that almost entirely. Upwork does have some lesser observed services that I didn't even know about that help stand up for the client (and I don't mean arbitration). 

But changing the grounds of the deliverables from either end shouldn't be tolerated and should also be obvious. That's why I build in milestones...it helps to self-check that the work being submitted is acceptable (granted not always possible to do.). I also make a habit of spelling out exactly what I'll be doing.

More work on my end, but less taxing on the psyche.

Riaz H Member Since: Feb 8, 2019
17 of 1,713
good
Lynn H Member Since: Feb 27, 2016
18 of 1,713
Lovely, I will be sending an invoice for all the time I spent taking tests--on your recommendation.
Peter M Member Since: Sep 2, 2019
19 of 1,713

Quick question .How does a very skilled person but new to upwork get a job because it seems that only people who have been hired here are more likely to get jobs 

Anthony M Member Since: Sep 6, 2019
20 of 1,713

I did it by my portfolio, and paid for danny margulies training, which helped give me a huge advantage that actually worked for me outside of upwork, but I do what I can to help contribute to upwork community to keep the freedom going. Yes you will have to deal with inexperienced clients, but you have a right to say no, or impose the billing requirements for said extra work. If they don't agree, do what you were hired to do and close the contract. Unlike on freelancer, when these clients take it out on you about their own mistakes, upwork at least gives you a chance to defend yourself. It's subject to change since upwork's transition to automate everything which will end up bad, but for now, get your portfolio set up, and every piece of work you ever done, put it on there. For extra results, I suggest danny margulies classes. It worked for me and I am on upwork full time now. Just be the experience and take the smaller jobs first and get 5 star ratings which build up your job success score, I suggest doing this until you become top rated. From there, you have a new set of challenges, but the rewards so far have been worth it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS