Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Skill Tests on July 16th

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
61 of 1,843

Hi Sahifa,

The skills test has been removed. You can learn more about the update here. Thanks.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Nofal I Member Since: Mar 13, 2019
62 of 1,843
only English Reading Test is Availble or other tests remove

Highlighted
Amina K Member Since: Oct 6, 2019
63 of 1,843

hmmm, it's a good decision but what if one is new to upwork. The clients didn't hire him/her as he is not having good rating.

Highlighted
Emad E Member Since: May 15, 2018
64 of 1,843

I have tried more than once to offer my skills. But I found that there are independents without any mistakes. I learned that cheating and the answers are on the net. So I did not do that.I agree seriously

Highlighted
SueAnne J Member Since: May 24, 2018
65 of 1,843
English skills test cannot be faked or found on the Internet. As a new editor, who has scored in the very top, I find this extremely frustrating.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
66 of 1,843

SueAnne J wrote:
English skills test cannot be faked or found on the Internet. As a new editor, who has scored in the very top, I find this extremely frustrating.

They can and they are. If you are a new editor, you will have to prove your worth through proven skills and your eventual experience. Best to get a little B&M experience and then freelance.  

I am glad my profile will be free of those weighty "proofs". The sooner the better. 

Highlighted
Christophe V Member Since: Jun 13, 2016
67 of 1,843

Hello,

This platform is definitely getting rid of everything that costs them, and now making us pay to work.

Can you imagine sending a blank resume? 

Som clients blackmail cheap third-world labourforce with 5 stars. 

What you are saying is preposterous. I started working on Odesk long before you in translation - in 2012- and the tests are the least Upwork could ask for to be a freelancer, because an awuful lot of them palm off machine traslation on their customers, thus making Upwork's reputation very low!

Thank you for thinking twice before you write!

Kind regards!

Highlighted
Tricxie L Member Since: Sep 18, 2019
68 of 1,843

people do hire based on these result.

Highlighted
Charlene L Member Since: Jul 13, 2015
69 of 1,843
So do I. It is useful for new freelancers with no knowledge only but no experience. People do hire based off these results.
Highlighted
Gerry O Member Since: Jun 27, 2019
70 of 1,843

Grammarly is effective software if you want to cheat.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS