cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Skill Tests on July 16th

Amina K Member Since: Oct 6, 2019
61 of 1,826

hmmm, it's a good decision but what if one is new to upwork. The clients didn't hire him/her as he is not having good rating.

Emad E Member Since: May 15, 2018
62 of 1,826

I have tried more than once to offer my skills. But I found that there are independents without any mistakes. I learned that cheating and the answers are on the net. So I did not do that.I agree seriously

SueAnne J Member Since: May 24, 2018
63 of 1,826
English skills test cannot be faked or found on the Internet. As a new editor, who has scored in the very top, I find this extremely frustrating.
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
64 of 1,826

SueAnne J wrote:
English skills test cannot be faked or found on the Internet. As a new editor, who has scored in the very top, I find this extremely frustrating.

They can and they are. If you are a new editor, you will have to prove your worth through proven skills and your eventual experience. Best to get a little B&M experience and then freelance.  

I am glad my profile will be free of those weighty "proofs". The sooner the better. 

Christophe V Member Since: Jun 13, 2016
65 of 1,826

Hello,

This platform is definitely getting rid of everything that costs them, and now making us pay to work.

Can you imagine sending a blank resume? 

Som clients blackmail cheap third-world labourforce with 5 stars. 

What you are saying is preposterous. I started working on Odesk long before you in translation - in 2012- and the tests are the least Upwork could ask for to be a freelancer, because an awuful lot of them palm off machine traslation on their customers, thus making Upwork's reputation very low!

Thank you for thinking twice before you write!

Kind regards!

Tricxie L Member Since: Sep 18, 2019
66 of 1,826

people do hire based on these result.

Charlene L Member Since: Jul 13, 2015
67 of 1,826
So do I. It is useful for new freelancers with no knowledge only but no experience. People do hire based off these results.
Gerry O Member Since: Jun 27, 2019
68 of 1,826

Grammarly is effective software if you want to cheat.

Ace Contributor
John M Member Since: Jun 15, 2019
69 of 1,826

Excellent point SueAnne. And given the quality of the other responses to this topic, that is obviously true.

Atif Z Member Since: May 17, 2017
70 of 1,826

Upwork has a R&D team (Bear in mind, the Era of Artificial Intelligence ), closely looking what deicions to make for the betterment of upwork's community. I can't give a positive or a negative vote on this decision, reason becuase this decision of removing skill test is based on what Client's look at the time of hiring, 

Let me ask you a question here: When was the last time a client asked you a question "have you passed and done well in XYZ test"? I know they still ask such questions but only few clients, Majority they do not want to rely on those tests, where as, they are more concerned about your feedback/job success rate, your portfolio etc.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS