cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing average 5-star Feedback from My Stats

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
1 of 9

A while back we removed average 5-star Feedback from freelancer profile pages and replaced that with the Job Success Score. Today, the only place where this number appears on the site is when a freelancer is viewing his/her own My Stats page, where we show average 5-star Feedback for the past 12 months.

In order to further streamline the My Stats page and to display a consistent set of measurements, we’re going to be removing average 5-star Feedback from the My Stats page for all freelancers in the coming days. Clients are still leaving Feedback on completed contracts. And freelancers will continue to see Feedback for each of their contracts, we’re not making any changes there. However, freelancers will no longer find an average 5-star rating after this change goes into effect.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
2 of 9
Well now it doesn't really make a difference whether you remove it or not from My Stats, seeing as it was only a 12-month representation anyway, and didn't accurately reflect our overall rating on the site.

If this is a sneaky build-up to some major change in how we're evaluated as freelancers, please let us know in advance. Thanks.
Rehana P Member Since: May 6, 2016
3 of 9

Will the clients still be able to see the rating in job applications? 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 9

Hi Rehana,

Thanks for posting this question. Your 5-star individual contract feedback will remain visible in your Work History as we are removing this average feedback score from freelancers' My Stats pages.

Rehana P Member Since: May 6, 2016
5 of 9

Hello, Vladimir,

I meant to say, before this system, when we submitted a proposal, the average feedback score was also displayed to the clients. Is that still the case or is the average gone altogether? 

Regards,

Rehana

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 9

Hi Rehana,

Yes, it was removed last September, please check the original announcement Garnor posted.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
7 of 9

Well, this is odd. I am going to post a reply (that I drafted some time ago) to one of Garnor's posts that since has been deleted / vanished. I wonder why...

Garnor M wrote:

Thanks for the reply Lisa. We disagree that when a client leaves different private and public feedback they are being dishonest. In most cases, there are specific reasons for those differences. 

That said, this isn't a thread about JSS. Instead, we're hoping to inform some of the questions we hear on the forums regarding Feedback and the Feedback (receiving/leaving) process. We hope you can help keep that conversation on topic. 

Thanks,

Garnor

Would you care to elaborate on this?

Because, quite frankly, I cannot imagine what those 'specific' (valid?) reasons may be.

The question pertains to leaving feedback. Hence, it is on topic. When there is an obvious disconnect between public and private feedback (that only Upwork can actually see & evaluate) - it should reflect poorly on the person providing it, not the receiving party.

The real problem seems to be that the majority of clients (still) has no clue how the feedback system really works. And how little weight the star feedback carries compared to private feedback. More importantly: they don't know what constitutes good/bad private feedback. This applies to freelancers as well.

Heck, none of the new providers or clients even know what private feedback is. Even after leaving/receiving it a couple of times. They all assume that the star feedback & comment = feedback. Cue the countless threads every week in the forum. That's because you don't officially label those questions as private feedback. That is intentional. You are opting for less transparency. And that, unfortunately, is a pattern throughout the platform.

Wasim R Member Since: Jan 29, 2016
8 of 9

No Rehana.Upwork replaced that with Job Sucess percentage.

Ace Contributor
Chilkundasubrahman R Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
9 of 9

THIS IS NOT CORRECT. THIS IS THE ONLY THING EVERY ONE KNOWS, CLIENTS, FREELANCER & UP WORK.

YOUR JOB SUCCESS SCORE IS HAVING CONTRAVERCY.  JSS IS NOT A CREDIT EVERY ONE.

IT IS THE SECRET OF UPORK.   CLIENTS , FREELANCER DO NO KNOW ABOUT IT. HOW IT IS CALCULATED & IS KEPT IN SECRET.  THERE IS TRANSPERENCY IN JSS.THERE IS NO INTEGRITY. INTEGRITY WOULD BE THERE ONLY WHEN THERE IS TRANSPERENCY.  HERE UPWORK DECIDE ON THEIR OWN TO KEEP IT I SECRET.

PLES NOTE THAT FREELANCER, CLIENTS & UPWORK ARE ALL A SINGLE ENTITY. HENCE JSS  SHOULD NOT BE KEPT IN SECRET.

YES IN CASE JSS IS NOT SECRET AND CALCULATIONS KNOWN TO EVERY ONE, FREELANCER, CLIENTS, & UPWORK, THEN YOU CAN REMOVE CREDIT POINTS FROM "MYSTATS"

WHERE AS CREDIT POINTS CALCULATIONS ARE KNOWN TO EVERY ONE, CLIENTS, FREELANCER, &UPWORK.

HECNE IT SHOULF BE THERE.

THANKS

CHILKUNDA

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS