cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Removing certifications that are unsupported

Deborah K Member Since: Jul 4, 2015
11 of 51

Hi everyone,

Please accept my apology for my posting below.  

I am sorry UpWork hit a raw nerve.  My story is this.  In a company, the opportunity was presented for Project Management courses.  They were offered through the company to managers.  You had to ask the Boss and the next higher up, both of whom denied my request.  OK, I thought, I will find another way.  For the next 3 years instead of taking my vacation, I attended Project Management class.  On each course completion, I proudly presented them to the boss.  When layoffs came and the word was update your resume, update your resume.  The ONLY option the company offered as a fill-in for Project Management, was their own.  My courses, the time, the effort was not acknowledged.  I was deeply saddened and hurt .  I am PROUD of my Project Management courses and completion thereof.

Cleaning up the UpWork, yes that is a good thing.

I would not have put the courses out there had I not taken them.  That is all.

Jose S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
12 of 51

I extremely agree with this post. Indeed, the intention is perfect, but the execution was very poorly planned. Where is VMware? ITIL? PMP? CISSP?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
13 of 51

Hi Jose,

You can check the currently supported certificates in this Help article and submit certification suggestions through the "Suggest this certification" option, for our team's consideration.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 51

Isabelle Anne,

If a certificate was added a while ago before it was supported, it may have been removed. You can try re-adding your Duolingo certificate to your profile. Let us know if you run into any issues.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
15 of 51

@Valeria K wrote:

Isabelle Anne,

If a certificate was added a while ago before it was supported, it may have been removed. You can try re-adding your Duolingo certificate to your profile. Let us know if you run into any issues.

Thanks Valeria. I've just added it again, and it says "Pending verification by Upwork." That's very annoying to be frank, but hopefully they won't take to long to verify it.

Community Guru
16 of 51
So my certificate verification has been pending for days now... how long does it take the team to review it?? This is ridiculous because it's on the accepted list and then was forcibly removed by Upwork. Then I had to add it again and now it's not getting accepted?
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 51

Sorry about the confusion, Isabelle Anne. It appears Duolingo is added and validated differently. In order to add your certificate and have it verified, please follow these steps:

1) Go to http://testcenter.duolingo.com.
3) You can add the certificate for a passed test to your profile by clicking Share Certificate > Upwork.

Once done, you'll see a "Certification Badge" on your profile and your English language proficiency will be marked "verified."

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
18 of 51
Hi Valeria - I did EXACTLY that, which is what gave me this "Pending verification thing." Do I have to open a ticket then? Sorry to badger you about this, but I really don't want to go to CS for this.
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
19 of 51

Hi Isabelle Anne,

I responded to your comment on another thread and will ask our team to check the status of your certificate.

Community Guru
20 of 51

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Isabelle Anne,

I responded to your comment on another thread and will ask our team to check the status of your certificate.

Thanks Vlad, but this exactly why I didn't want to go to CS. They just sent me the following message, even though my certificate is on Upwork's offical list:

"I understand that you wish the Duolingo Proficiency Exam in English be verified. We appreciate your effort, however currently this is not available and I have forwarded it to our Product Management team for consideration."

Please can a mod double-check this because this proves that CS's "help" is not to be trusted.