cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing certifications that are unsupported

Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
41 of 51

Thank you for deleting my entire 20+ year real estate and finance career.

This was a much-needed improvement!

EDIT: There are hundreds of thousands of professional certifications, a good portion of which are issued by more authoritative sources such as local, federal, and state authorities as opposed to funky, online webinars.

Upwork decided upon 59. Ouststanding!

Arti B Member Since: Jun 26, 2017
42 of 51

Hello,

I have added my Oracle certification details in my profile.

Verfication from upwork team is still pending.

can you please help me in resolving this issue.

Regards,

Arti

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
43 of 51

Hi Arti,

Supported certifications that we have not yet successfully verified with the certification provider will be marked as pending. If your certification is still pending after a week, please double-check your certification identification details and re-add it.

Douglas W Member Since: Jul 25, 2016
44 of 51

Can I just say that this is not a very helpful move by Upwork if the intention is to attract and retain professional clientele.

I hold multiple professional accreditations and certifications which have now been removed because they are apparently "unverifiable".

Considering that my research profile and qualifications are a matter of public record with most of my credentials additionally being listed in professional registers which are, again, a matter of public record, this is quite surreal.

Most of my certifications supersede those which have been retained and by quite some distance. Bit like stopping a surgeon from telling people what he does but allowing someone to bask in the glory of a basic first aid skills certificate. Completely illogical and shows a distinct lack of understanding of how professional regulation and certification works.

I resent the use of the term "unverifiable" considering several of my qualifications are protected by UK and EU law and I'd be committing a criminal offence if I falsely claimed them.

Sorry to moan but at the end of the day it's an inconvenience and a bit of a pain. Thank you for treating UK Level 7 and 8 professional awards (earned through rigourous peer review, extensive study and many years' hard work, not to mention being protected by law) as being of less worth than the equivalent of a Level 2 entry-level open book exam pass.

Community Guru
Kanwal F Member Since: Apr 20, 2015
45 of 51

So the new update is:

"To standardize the certifications we show to clients, we’ll be removing all custom, unverified certifications from your profile. We’ll notify you on your profile page if we add support for them in the future."

Earlier we've the option to add those certificates in profile for which upwork dont offer verification. But now they removed this option. Isn't this something upwork should do after supporting other certificates??

There are lot of achievements/certification that freelancers want to show in their profile but they simply can't becuase upwork don't support them?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
46 of 51

@Kanwal F wrote:

There are lot of achievements/certification that freelancers want to show in their profile but they simply can't becuase upwork don't support them?

Add them to your portfolio Smiley Happy

Ace Contributor
Anton F Member Since: Jun 15, 2015
47 of 51

Hi Lena!
What about DuoLingo language certification? 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
48 of 51

Anton,

We are still working on adding Duolingo back to the list. We'll keep you updated about it here.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Mark B Member Since: Jun 20, 2017
49 of 51

Profile (outside) certification options are missing the crucial PM certifications (PMP & CAPM). Can these please be added? I'm not talking about the ER-handled UpWork certifications...

I did ask CS, but I couldn't get a concrete answer from CS. They basically told me after researching it that they didn't offer it yet. Well, I did know that, obviously...

Project management certification (credentials!) are certainly worthy of being included in the verified list of professional certifications, are they not?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
50 of 51

Hi Mark,

I moved your comment to this announcement so you can check the information I shared above and review the information I team posted on this thread.