cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Removing share profile button

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 4

Last September, we began testing a more prominent way to share freelancer profiles with others. Due to the low usage of this feature and the fact that some have taken to using the button to spam their profiles, we will be removing this feature this week.

share profile button.png

If you’d like to share a profile link, you can continue to do so by either copying the URL directly from your browser, or from the right-hand side of the freelancer’s profile.

profile link.png

Let us know if you have any questions.

Untitled
Kim M Member Since: Feb 14, 2019
2 of 4

Will there be another way of referring people to hire through Upwork?
I find it very useful as I don’t have to deal with payment gateways or anything extra.
Maybe you guys could develop a unique id per invite link to avoid spam invites?
There will always be a way around this abusive behavior, and i am confident this environment is the correct one to look for innovative minds for ideas to avoid this malicious behavior.
Kim.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3 of 4

Hi Kim,

You can still share your profile, you can continue to do so by either copying the URL directly from your browser, or from the right-hand side of the freelancer’s profile. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
4 of 4

As a FL who often recommends other FLers to clients for work I do not do it is a simple matter to send the FL profile link to your client. 

This also allows you to explain WHY you're recommending a FLer; your experience working with them, etc.

I'm pleased that the test is being dropped; it did nothing IMHO but take up space ...