🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Replacing 5-Star Average Feedback with Job Su...
Page options

Replacing 5-Star Average Feedback with Job Success Score

garnorm
Community Member

Hi all,

We remove 5-star average feedback entirely, and display only your Job Success score throughout most of the Upwork site. 5-star feedback given per contract will remain displayed on your Work History.

We’re making this decision because we’ve seen Job Success scores help top performing freelancers win more contracts. This means clients are having better experiences and coming back for more, which in turn benefits the marketplace and generates more opportunities for freelancers overall. The score helps freelancers at all levels stand out from the competition by presenting clients with a complete picture of their differences. This is an opportunity to help freelancers continue to grow their businesses that we can’t pass up.

Additionally, you can learn more about Job Success score and how it's calculated in our help article.

540 Comments
elastella
Community Member

@brian E wrote:

It would except they rounded you up which would have resulted in an higher amount being posted. Maybe its a combination of both. Fee + Rounding. I'd ask for staff feedback but no sense in confusing the situation.

The amount earned displayed on your profile always includes the Upwork fee. Rounding hours is only done on your profile (which only displays full hours) - it does not affect the amount earned in any way. That will always reflect the time logged in the work diary. 

suznee
Community Member

Olga,

Last active use to be shown. I don't know what happened with it. Another feature disappeared without notice. 

Use to be able to see the last time a freelancer worked. Which was a nice way to be able to look a things. Use to be able to choose in search options, "Worked in last 30 days" or other options.

Opps just checked search options it is available to search for one that has worked in last 2 weeks etc.

oquintela
Community Member

Yes, I remember that, Suzanne. That was in good ol' days...

colettelewis
Community Member

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Upwork get this. If you want to make this site work, you must remember that every figure on your books is a human being. 

You need to encourage clients who are serious with money to spend. You need to encourage qualified freelancers (who pay you) to stay - otherwise, you would have been better off merging with fiverr rather than Elance.

nastz
Community Member

@Garnor M wrote:

We’re making this decision because we’ve seen Job Success scores help top performing freelancers win more contracts. This means clients are having better experiences and coming back for more, which in turn benefits the marketplace and generates more opportunities for freelancers overall. The score helps freelancers at all levels stand out from the competition by presenting clients with a complete picture of their differences. This is an opportunity to help freelancers continue to grow their businesses that we can’t pass up.

Doing this with this a not well known calculated Job Score?! Taking my case for example. Two weeks ago, I had an average of 4.7  Stars, 7 Completed Jobs, 20% Long-term clients, Recent account holds 0, and Job Score of 100%.

Your determinant for JS Score includes . Long Term Relationship with a client. My active contract has almost one year now and am still working with the same client todate.  Though nothing has changed apart from getting a new contract, but long term relationship scores dropped from 20% to 17%!!

Still I have no account hold. Still I have no any bad comment from any client! In short, everything is almost as it was before! However, after your recent evaluation, my Job Success dropped from 100% to 80%.  Can you tell me the indicators caused that JSS to drop that sharply?  And if I were able to drop from 100% to 80% without any changes in my activity, is there no possibility again to drop from 80% to 65%, which's 10% below the red line (75%)?

Anyway, the idea may be excellent but if you believe Clients prefer JSS for consideraration, then any mistake in JSS calculation may lead to negative impact to freelancers.

Nassoro.

vanaoshad
Community Member
@Garnor, I am also agree with John. You have only discussed what clients will see. That means, you (The UpWork) are only looking to the side of clients, not freelancers. It would be great if a moderator would confirm or deny whether client 5-star average feedback will also be removed.
lenaellis
Community Member

We have discussed what will change on the Freelancer's profile because this is where the changes will take place. Client average 5-star feedback will not be removed, as we have confirmed previously.

idl9534
Community Member

"Yay, here comes an Upwork world where a freelancer with 5 star feedback will be advertised as only achieving 82% success."

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree here, Darrin. I was a 4.8 star freelancer on Elance with a 95% recommendation rate.

Along comes Upwork, and the've removed the 5 star system and replaced with a stat on my profile reading "52%" success rate.

This is completely unacceptable and I'm being damaged with this unreasonable statistic being displayed on my freelancer profiles. I fail to understand any of the recent changes, and why we're being forced to migrate to Upwork.

r3wt
Community Member

Upwork is Exhibit A on why you should not base your decisions solely on analytics

akstri
Community Member

Very Good Decision.