🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Replacing 5-Star Average Feedback with Job Su...
Page options

Replacing 5-Star Average Feedback with Job Success Score

garnorm
Community Member

Hi all,

We remove 5-star average feedback entirely, and display only your Job Success score throughout most of the Upwork site. 5-star feedback given per contract will remain displayed on your Work History.

We’re making this decision because we’ve seen Job Success scores help top performing freelancers win more contracts. This means clients are having better experiences and coming back for more, which in turn benefits the marketplace and generates more opportunities for freelancers overall. The score helps freelancers at all levels stand out from the competition by presenting clients with a complete picture of their differences. This is an opportunity to help freelancers continue to grow their businesses that we can’t pass up.

Additionally, you can learn more about Job Success score and how it's calculated in our help article.

540 Comments
dennis-dup
Community Member

Well, the decision has been made, not that we have a choice as freelancers. 

djerad
Community Member

Dear Preston,

the algorithm changed my job succes from Top Rated 92% within a day to 73%, no one could expain or solve the situation I ve got now: no one hires me after three years  doing a good job I am not good enough now!

lonewulf
Community Member

@Dennis N wrote:

Well, the decision has been made, not that we have a choice as freelancers. 

Well, we freelancers could close our accounts for couple weeks and see what happens.

Our JS score will not be affected, too Smiley Tongue

c0ded
Community Member

I've had 5 on-going jobs open over the past month without any of the project's being closed/ended.  How in the world has my success score dropped????

dvo_arch
Community Member

Upwork is just making big changes "for good", without fixing the old simple errors. There is one simple rule, which is true for everything - "if something is working well, there is no need to repair it or change it". And oDesk was working good.. Now its not!

harrycarpinter
Community Member

Now that you're replacing the 5-star average feedback it would be a great thing that, in compensation, those of us who have not reached the "top rated" status because of the 1.000+ earnings in a period of 12 months could get this status based in a longer period of time, I think you guys could be more flexible on this. 

In my case (and I'm sure there's plenty other like me) I did get to the 1.000+ earnings, though I did it in a period of 24 months.

Would you please take into consideration reviewing this policy?

many thanks,

Hernán

mostafa_almasry
Community Member

Sorry , It is not fair at all to Judge The freelancer through this Job success Measurment !!!

dppelino
Community Member

Hello,

I'm not seeing this as a good way of getting freelancers a bigger chance of getting the jobs that they've applied for.

The metrics for the job success scores are quite vague and everytime a freelancer like me questions its details, only a generic, canned answers are provided leaving the freelancer frustrated. It makes one wonder why in the world was a freelancer notifed as top rated and all the while that everything is great and consistent, the next thing you know is that your job success score just dropped in an instant.

You suppport team can't even provide a specific computation as to how a freelancer ended up with his/her current job success stats. They'll only be providing general answers and links. So even if a freelancer is doing everything he can on what is supposed to be done to get an awesome job success score, it'll be useless if your support team cannot pinpoint what specific metric that freelancer needs to improve on.

I can't even understand why a freelancer can't have access to the detailed computations of his/her work statistics. I believe everyone should be entitled to it. That way, freelancers will be able to truly improve themselves and eventually build a good online reputation.

Until this is resolved, job success scores remain to be a mystery to the majority and ultimately, an unreliable basis of a freelancer's capabilities.

Best,

Deks 🙂

marinkog
Community Member

I seriously home Upwork decides to drop this decision. They should listen to people for once.

esraa-ghazy
Community Member

I really don't know why are you taking such a decision specially as many people find that their Job sucess score comes up and down without doing a job during the 14 days! Please, think of the technical problems that you can't solve since 4 months until now then think of making more changes. I'm a top rated translator and I cancelled all my contracts and just left one contract. I hope I can end it also soon. Also, I'm an admin of a large FB group of freelancers and all of us are trying to leave Upwork as soon as possible. You must know what freelancers and clients need.. Not what Upwork needs only..