cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing 5-Star Average Feedback with Job Success Score

Nauman Ahmad S Member Since: Sep 4, 2015
11 of 541

There are endless way to resolve the issue what new freelancers will face, and they can do this by themselves. All they have to do is to get into forced labour in the start by working for some agencies so they pay them less for what they actually worth. Agencies have more clients so they can provide you work in the start. Once you build up your reputation through working for agencies, clients will see this and are likely to become your VICTIMS just like as Upwork has Victimized new comers through this upcoming radical shift. 

How to end this up? May be Upwork wants us to do some forced labour online. How do you think UPwork?

Asad M Member Since: Sep 5, 2015
12 of 541

I totallt agree to Stephen and tauseef K.

i have been on this site nearly 2 years ( nearly or close) and i have totally got only 1 project to work on.

Only top freelancers get more work to do.

Stop these kind of ridiculous ranking rules and let us get some work.

Thanks,

Sorry if i used harsh word but we are being suffered due to low ranking.

Shafqat U Member Since: Dec 3, 2015
13 of 541

Definately I am agree to Tauseef. Only the old freelancers having high job success rate are getting most of the jobs. Even most of them have more than 20 jobs in progress at a time. At the other end new skilled freelancers are striving for single job but invain. This new success rate formula is totally useless for newbies. Thanks.

Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
14 of 541

@Shafqat U wrote:

Definately I am agree to Tauseef. Only the old freelancers having high job success rate are getting most of the jobs. Even most of them have more than 20 jobs in progress at a time. At the other end new skilled freelancers are striving for single job but invain. This new success rate formula is totally useless for newbies. Thanks.

I have 15 jobs in progress, but I'm working on two of them - I'm sure most of those freelancers you mention are experiencing this too. I really don't understand the point you're trying to address here.

Community Leader
Md.Ramzanul H Member Since: Dec 21, 2013
15 of 541

Hello ,

I agree with your opionion . When i started oDesk i have tried and tired to get new job at this time i also try and try . Everthing is becoming challenging . I have 7 job in progress but i am working only one that is temporary . So I hope every newbie will be known that at this moment everything becoming challenging . Upwork always took right decision so don't worry newbie . Just arrange your profile add portfolio take some skill tests then bid and bid i hope everyone will be succeed . 

Good luck newbie !

Best Regards

Ramzanul Hasan

Ramzanul
Bonniejean Alford H Member Since: Sep 5, 2015
16 of 541

You are so right Stephen.

I have compelted 4 jobs successfully, in good time, though one of them has a client issue and it was locked on their end.  For some reason I don't have a job success score, despite responding to interviews and the like in a timely manner and applying for lots of positions.  I may have quickly got those 4 jobs, but what about the people who are brand new to the site?  They will be up a creek waiting for someone to "take a chance" on them.  Not to mention, it is already hard enough to get paid fair rates for what I do.  I have already been passed over by several jobs saying my rates are two high.  These clients are already only paying less than minimum wage on average. It is frustrating, especially since when applying to jobs we don't get to see anything about the potential client.  I have to read between the line of the job post and determine if they will be someone I would want to work with. 

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts... back to waiting on jobs I go.

Bonniejean A Hinde, MA (Sociology and Communication)
Ace Contributor
Jonathan P Member Since: Jun 28, 2015
17 of 541

I'm glad that before I started my rant that you where already on point with this foolish change, thank you Stephen. I agree with the points you brought up and have the same feeling about this change. 

Tami H Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
18 of 541

I feel the same way. They need to bring back just the stars, leave out a success rate that is computer operated and doesn't work properly.  A client hired me for one thing when I accepted the job I found out it was totally different than what he wanted or said initially. I basically workd for free, refunded him his money, he had free work and closed the job then my success rate dropped from 91% to 85%, how funny is that. Then a few weeks later they suspend my account for a so-called violation that I didn't do intentionally if any. I also work on other online platforms and have never had a problem there. Upwork needs to treat their freelancers better before they have none left.

Ian L Member Since: Sep 1, 2015
19 of 541

"Yay, here comes an Upwork world where a freelancer with 5 star feedback will be advertised as only achieving 82% success."

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree here, Darrin. I was a 4.8 star freelancer on Elance with a 95% recommendation rate.

Along comes Upwork, and the've removed the 5 star system and replaced with a stat on my profile reading "52%" success rate.

This is completely unacceptable and I'm being damaged with this unreasonable statistic being displayed on my freelancer profiles. I fail to understand any of the recent changes, and why we're being forced to migrate to Upwork.

Muhammad Y Member Since: Sep 6, 2015
20 of 541

Ok so the top should have work and others should just die - If client is happy with your services what else matters here? Upwork was better than others because beginners were not rejected so hard - It has also started applying this 'Who are you? ::Beginner:: OH, sorry we don't like you guys ::WHY?:: you don't bring much profit"