Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to Community Threads by Email

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 4

Hi Community,

We've just enabled a new feature giving you the option to reply, kudo, or accept a solution, by email to Community threads that you're subscribed to. This new setting will be shown at the bottom of the emails that you are already receiving (if you're subscribed to them). 

Before:

Reply by email before.png

After:

reply by email after.png

On a related note, for those unfamiliar with subscriptions-

How to subscribe to a thread: 

• Click the 3 dot menu (...) next to a thread title
  • Click subscribe

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 10.05.31 AM.png

How to manage your subscriptions and notifications:

• Go to your Community profile settings (the gear icon):

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 10.10.12 AM.png

• Click subscriptions > Notification Settings

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 10.10.04 AM.png

Untitled
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 4

Lena,

I am sure this is a good move - although my emails have never looked like the ones you indicate - but I don't think there has been a massive complaint about how we see community threads in our emails. 

Should Upwork really be wasting resources on this? 

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
3 of 4

Rather than playing around with the forums, wouldn't it be more expedient and profitable if Upwork were to address and correct the fact that many of us do not receive proper notification of invites?  This applies to both Personal Invites and Upwork recommended invites.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
4 of 4

Thanks for sharing your feedback, but to clarify, there were no resources spent on this change. Replying by email was an option that was already available that we decided to turn on. It took about 3 minutes of my time to do. Also, understand that the Community forums and Upwork site are different and do not use the same resources. Emails sent by the Community are not in anyway linked to the team that works on the Upwork invite emails. 

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS