🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Requested design updates to the Upwork Deskto...
Page options

Requested design updates to the Upwork Desktop App

lenaellis
Community Member

We’ve made several improvements to the Upwork Desktop app to help you stay organized and provide more insight into the Time Tracker’s processes by displaying more notifications about what the app is doing on the backend. Let us know if you have any questions on the updates below.

Time Tracker Layout and Settings-

• “Time today” - shows billable time tracked in your local time zone, not in UTC. However, “Time this week” still shows the weekly billable time in UTC because our weekly billing is calculated in the UTC time zone.
  • There is a connection status above the ON/OFF toggle informing you if the Time Tracker is online or offline.
  • We removed the elapsed timer which increased each minute, and replaced it with a timer which increases in 10 minute intervals after a screen capture is taken and the time is registered as billable.

TImetracker2.png

• At top of the time tracker, we are now showing the contract name, contact person and client company.
  • Because your time tracked is now showing in your local time on the main page, when a new billing week is approaching (in UTC) and after a new billing week has started, we are showing a notification to avoid confusion.

TImetracker3.png

Improvements in offline tracking:

• If the app loses connection with the server, the app will now display a notification on the screen until you dismiss it or until the connection is back.

Timetracker4.png

Timetracker5.png

• When you’re approaching the caching limit, you will see a notification.

Timetracker7.png

• And once the app is back online, we show a notification and start uploading the cached screen captures.

Timetracker8.png

111 Comments
david_mac
Community Member

Window resizing issues is on Windows version, I had this problem as well, but not on mac.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi David,

I moved your post about the most recent Upwork App update to this original announcement thread. We often merge and move posts to keep things organized and to make sure the posts are visible for Upwork teams and users who are subscribed and checking the thread.

Also, please note that where the post shows on the thread depends on how a specific Community member who's viewing it sorts the posts. For example, I sort posts from Newest to Oldest and your post appears right on top.

Thank you for your feedback.

naseemtareen
Community Member

The latest version of Desktop App installed today is consuming 100% CPU even it hangs the system.The issue servived after reinstalling the software. Also, the Beta version tried along with selecting the conserved cpu usage in advanced setting didn't resolved the issue.

juvy_ann-palma
Community Member

@Muhammad K wrote:

The latest version of Desktop App installed today is consuming 100% CPU even it hangs the system.The issue servived after reinstalling the software. Also, the Beta version tried along with selecting the conserved cpu usage in advanced setting didn't resolved the issue.

I gather, based on what I read from the latest TeamApp version's End Users' License Agreement (EULA) that there are "parties" whose right to enjoy the use of this site may be compromised with a freelancer's unempowered use of the licensed software that is offered to us for FREE.  Have you tried to resort to the "empowered" approach in using the TeamApp whose sacredness as a digital tool has always been repeatedly established in any of the community forums?

dwhytehunter
Community Member

This is not rocket science. You cannot update a program without allowing users the options of reinstalling an older version just in case your update malfunctions just like the upwork app did this past 24 hours. 

oranus
Community Member

I have a problem:

the recent update killed my message rooms:

2.PNG

but when I open message tab (in opera for example) it's displayed normally:
1.png

BojanS
Community Manager

Hi Abderrazzak,

Please click menu in the bottom left corner of the app and switch to your freelancer account in order to see your messages!

oranus
Community Member

Thank you I didn't notice that...
but for my defence I didn't switch to Client, the app did that after the update without me noticing...

m-pokrovskii
Community Member

It is really inconvenient for me that I can't see the current tracking time, but instead the whole day.

I'd like to have this option, honestly.

P.S.

How can I just post a message here without having to reply to someone?

JoanneP

Hi Maxim,

When you're logged in to your account, click on the question mark right next to your name. Kindly select help and support. You'll be directed to the Upwork help center. Please scroll down and click on the get help button:

image.pngimage.png

Please click the Ask Community once you have filled in the details on this page: image.png