🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Requested design updates to the Upwork Deskto...
Page options

Requested design updates to the Upwork Desktop App

lenaellis
Community Member

We’ve made several improvements to the Upwork Desktop app to help you stay organized and provide more insight into the Time Tracker’s processes by displaying more notifications about what the app is doing on the backend. Let us know if you have any questions on the updates below.

Time Tracker Layout and Settings-

• “Time today” - shows billable time tracked in your local time zone, not in UTC. However, “Time this week” still shows the weekly billable time in UTC because our weekly billing is calculated in the UTC time zone.
  • There is a connection status above the ON/OFF toggle informing you if the Time Tracker is online or offline.
  • We removed the elapsed timer which increased each minute, and replaced it with a timer which increases in 10 minute intervals after a screen capture is taken and the time is registered as billable.

TImetracker2.png

• At top of the time tracker, we are now showing the contract name, contact person and client company.
  • Because your time tracked is now showing in your local time on the main page, when a new billing week is approaching (in UTC) and after a new billing week has started, we are showing a notification to avoid confusion.

TImetracker3.png

Improvements in offline tracking:

• If the app loses connection with the server, the app will now display a notification on the screen until you dismiss it or until the connection is back.

Timetracker4.png

Timetracker5.png

• When you’re approaching the caching limit, you will see a notification.

Timetracker7.png

• And once the app is back online, we show a notification and start uploading the cached screen captures.

Timetracker8.png

111 Comments
k_pogorelko
Community Member
Hello Upwork. In practice not all your updates provide real improvement. After last time tracker update you hide time of current session. It was very comfortable tool to know when I started to work, especially with bad internet connection, when screenshots cashed. Also, if I start to work few times a day - I need to know how match I work and when take a break. I want to see it in your tool, and not keep in mind time when I started to work. Please, in your next update put time of current session back. Thank you
researchediting
Community Member

@Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Maxim,

When you're logged in to your account, click on the question mark right next to your name. Kindly select help and support. You'll be directed to the Upwork help center. Please scroll down and click on the get help button:

image.pngimage.png

Please click the Ask Community once you have filled in the details on this page: image.png

That was not the question.

JoanneP

Hi Elizabeth,

The Time tracker app shows you the following information:

• The hours you have tracked today
  • Your total hours for the week
  • How many minutes was the latest screenshot

image.png

alcaro_elizabeth
Community Member

Thank you, but that is not what I was looking for.  There used to be a timer and it would show you the exact minutes you worked.  It appears that is no longer a feature.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Yes, the Time Tracker has been "improved" to show only cumaltive hours worked each day and week-to-date.

VladimirG
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback Maxim. Regarding participating in Community discussions and posting messages, please watch  this video and review the tutorials and rules posted in the Community Basics forum. Let us know if you have any questions.

jcullinan
Community Member

@Maxim P wrote:

It is really inconvenient for me that I can't see the current tracking time, but instead the whole day.

I'd like to have this option, honestly.

P.S.

How can I just post a message here without having to reply to someone?

Since the moderators don't seem to want to just answer your question...

To post a message in a discussion, you have to reply to one of the messages already posted. If you're not responding  to a specific reply in the discussion, just reply to the first message in the thread. (This is a known annoyance that UW introduced as a "feature" when they "upgraded" the forums recently.)

To post a new question in its own thread, go to the category it will fit into (Freelancers, Clients, Coffee Break, etc, found at the top of the page), and then click the big green "New Topic" button:

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 11.36.13 AM.png

m-pokrovskii
Community Member

Thanks, Jess! When I saw those "answers" from the moderators, I decided that it will be a wasting time explaining that it wasn't the question. But community members giving me a hope that forums, not a completely useless. 

Still, hope that they will hear to the others freelancers and will do something with the upwork time tracker. Seems it is not only me who finds the option to track the current time is a useful one. 

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Maxim,

I'm sorry the video I shared which you opted not to watch didn't offer a quick and clear explanation of the posting and replying functionalities in the Community, being its purpose. We have created a number of tutorials and resources to help new members get acquainted and learn how to navigate the Community forums, and do direct users to review them in the Community Basics area.  

iquant
Community Member

Hi, after last update (to version 5.0.1.562) I'm observing that tracker starts consuming up to 100% CPU resources and it impacts on other applications on my computer (Win10). Also sometimes I see UI artefacts (black rectangles) on tracker interface (sometimes it becomes too slow and unresponsive). Unfortunatelly it becomes absolutely unusable for now and turns my work to headache !!!

How it's possible to rollback to previous version because I can't use this update ? If someone could advice any solution because I can't get any answer from support from last Thursday !