cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested design updates to the Upwork Desktop App

Tomislav P Member Since: Jun 4, 2013
91 of 97

Thanks for you help, Messages Feature in Advanced settings was disabled, don't know how that happened...it's ok now, works fine.

Ace Contributor
Blake M Member Since: Feb 24, 2017
92 of 97

Help! This is what I scream a lot, these days. That lousy rotten excuse for a time tracker has done it again! Today, I worked from 11:59 AM to 2:30 pm, but only got credit for 1 hour and 50 minutes. The tracker apparently "blew it's brains out" at 2:06 PM and failed to track anything after that!!!!! Has the Titanic completely sunk now?!?!?!?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
93 of 97

Hi Blake, 

I'll ask the Customer Support Team to get in touch with you so that they can request for your Upwork Desktop App logs, and this can be investigated further. 

-Avery
Untitled
94 of 97

Hi Abul, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

-Avery
Untitled
Casey-ann B Member Since: Nov 21, 2017
95 of 97

I am contacting you in reference to my request (#21841566)
My Team App's version is 5.1.0.562 and my Machine Operating system version is Windows 7 Ultimate. It seems to be a problem with the app working on my system since a maintenance update with Upwork on September 1st,  I received a message that my memory was full on September 1st, and from then until now I have not been able to use the time tracker, every time I uninstall and reinstall the app and try opening it I am constantly getting a blank screen as image attached below.

96 of 97

Hi Casey-Ann, 

I'd like to check if you're running the Upwork Desktop App on a virtual machine? 

-Avery
Untitled
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
97 of 97

After the last design update to the Upwork desktop app, we heard from users in our community that some of the changes we made were not as intuitive as we’d like them to be.

Our desktop app team has been working hard to incorporate the feedback we’ve received in the upcoming update, which will be rolled out to users in the next few days.

In the latest update, we’re re-introducing Current Session time as the main timer, as well as giving you the option to view time billed for the day in UTC again – not just in your local timezone. As a reminder, Current Session time is a stopwatch that increases by the minute, whereas time billed for the day and for the week will display in 10-minute increments.

Here’s a screenshot of what the updated desktop app looks like:

3213123.PNG

Your desktop app will automatically update once the update is available. By default, your view of time billed today is defaulted to displaying in your local timezone, but you can toggle the display to UTC by visiting Timezones in your desktop app’s Settings.

Thank you for using the desktop app. We take your feedback very seriously, and hope these changes address the themes you’ve been sending our way. And as always, please send any additional questions or comments you may have to our team by filling out the Support and Feedback form through the app.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS