Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Re: Researching and evaluating skill tests

Moderator
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 27

Isabelle Anne,

 

While we cannot elaborate on the test details at this time so as to avoid affecting its results, we can assure you that all freelancers are being treated equally in the test, and that we are not disadvantaging certain freelancers over others. You can continue to take skills tests as you have in the past. If a client has any questions about a freelancer's tests at any point in time, please have them reach out to us.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
12 of 27

Valeria K wrote:

 

While we cannot elaborate on the test details at this time so as to avoid affecting its results, we can assure you that all freelancers are being treated equally in the test, and that we are not disadvantaging certain freelancers over others.


The only way that could be true would be if all skill test results were hidden, or none were hidden.

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
13 of 27

Valeria K wrote:

Isabelle Anne,

 

While we cannot elaborate on the test details at this time so as to avoid affecting its results, we can assure you that all freelancers are being treated equally in the test, and that we are not disadvantaging certain freelancers over others. You can continue to take skills tests as you have in the past. If a client has any questions about a freelancer's tests at any point in time, please have them reach out to us.


It was a direct question: are you or are you not hiding skill test results on profiles?

 

Please answer the direct question.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
14 of 27

Valeria K wrote:

Isabelle Anne,

 

While we cannot elaborate on the test details at this time so as to avoid affecting its results, we can assure you that all freelancers are being treated equally in the test, and that we are not disadvantaging certain freelancers over others. You can continue to take skills tests as you have in the past. If a client has any questions about a freelancer's tests at any point in time, please have them reach out to us.


Well if Upwork is hiding our tests, then they should disable clients from including that "Have you taken any Upwork tests ..." question in their job posts! In any case, since we cannot get a straight answer, I will just have to inform clients about this test anytime I apply so that they don't favor other applicants over me.

Active Member
Faizan S Member Since: Dec 2, 2018
15 of 27

hello I attached two screenshots in one you can see the test is not showing and this is my client account 

but I passed all test at the 1st place you can see in another screenshot when i switch to client account and check my profile i can't see the passed test can anyone please help with this 

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
16 of 27

I can see the tests in your profile. 

Don't forget to upload a real picture of yourself. 

Active Member
Faizan S Member Since: Dec 2, 2018
17 of 27

i pass the test can you visit my profile and see when i switch a client account i can't see the test 

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~01025d7c1f9b854a0f/

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
18 of 27

Martina P wrote:

I can see the tests in your profile. 

Don't forget to upload a real picture of yourself. 


Upwork are running some kind of "experiment" - I can not see anyone's tests from my client account either, even though I can see them from my freelancer account...

Active Member
Faizan S Member Since: Dec 2, 2018
19 of 27

thank you i update picture for my self but why the test is not showing as client account we passed for client for their trust and client can't see the test

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
20 of 27

Faizan S wrote:

thank you i update picture for my self but why the test is not showing as client account we passed for client for their trust and client can't see the test


Upwork are running some kind of "experiment" - I can not see anyone's tests from my client account either, even though I can see them from my freelancer account...

 

As far as "trust" and "those tests" are concerned, I personally think they are worse than useless considering the answers are all over the Internet these days.