Did you mean: 

Re: Researching and evaluating skill tests

Faizan S Member Since: Dec 2, 2018
21 of 27

wondering on up work.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
22 of 27

When I go to my Profile, then click View my profile as others see it, I expect it to display my profile as clients see it, not other freelancers, so if Upwork is currently hiding all test scores from clients, then that View my profile as others see it link should reflect this 

23 of 27

Darn, this is frustrating. I cannot quote Petra's remarks about tests being useless because all the answers are online. Lithium is messing up the quote, so here's my retort by itself.

---------------------------------------------

That might be so, but by the same reasoning, overviews and portfolios would be useless because many overviews and portfolios are plagiarized. Let's not penalize honest test takers because there are cheaters.

24 of 27

Isabelle Anne A wrote:

I would like to know if some freelancers' tests / test results are being hidden from clients.

Edited - it seems that indeed everyone is treated equally in whether test results are visible or not when viewed from a client account (!)

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
Gent S Member Since: Jul 15, 2019
26 of 27

Hi, why are you removing the tests from the profiles? I just started with Upwork and started taking some tests, would like to show them, but I see you will remove them tomorrow. Its not okay to remove them , hope you change this decision..

Regards

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
27 of 27

Hi Gent.

Since we want you to be able to share your talents with potential clients we now give freelancers the opportunity to better showcase their portfolio and create multiple specialized profiles to market their individual skills. Testing has shown these are much more helpful to clients than skills tests, which didn’t fully show a freelancer’s talents.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS