Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent Program *NOW LIVE*

Ace Contributor
Lia B Member Since: Nov 29, 2015
101 of 210

Hi Umair:

I don't work for Upwork, but based on my experience, the answer is no. The system doesn't consider activity on the account vs. date of creation, just date of creation.

I created my account on oDesk, years ago, for an offline client that wanted to use oDesk's system to pay me. I had forgotten about it until last November, when I logged in out of curiosity, and out of curiosity bid on a job. I won it, which led to another job; I soon met every other qualification for "Rising Talent" -- but never got an invitation.

So my conclusion is that either a) not everyone who is qualified gets an invitation (not necessarily a bad thing) or b) the creation date of my account was the disqualifier. I'm inclined to think it was b).

My advice? Just focus on continuing to provide a quality service, and everything else will take care of itself -- in the form of profile badges (you're on your way to Top-Rated), and, more importantly, excellent clients.

Good luck to you!  Smiley Happy

Zeljko T Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
102 of 210

This rising tallent is so stupid. From 10 jobs on 9 jobs client is asking that rising tallents. They dont know what is that mean.

They see option and they will put that.

What about the old members?
Automatic are disqualified because they do not appear in the list , they are hidden

PK H Member Since: Oct 18, 2016
103 of 210

You are right.

Catalina N Member Since: Feb 29, 2016
104 of 210

Hey guys,

I meet all the requirements from the rising talent program eligibility list. I still haven't been invited to the Rising Talent. What am I missing?

Kind regards,

Catalina

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
105 of 210

Hi Catalina,

Continue applying to jobs within your skill set and delivering great results on your active contracts. You are actually really close to receiving your Job Success score.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Rajib K Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
106 of 210

Please add me Rising Talent: 

KATHY H Member Since: Apr 25, 2016
107 of 210

I have a serious problem with this Rising Talent Badge. It is not enough that new people have to compete with other freelancers that have been here a long time, sometimes more than 100 for the same job. We have to overcome this hurdle as well. What management didn't count on was someone such as myself. Unable to do any work in my traditional fields since becoming disabled. Here I am 10 years later trying to get some remote work to be able to keep my kids in college. You can not hide a 10 year stint of being out of the work force. What am I to do to get noticed? Almost all of the jobs listed now are requiring a Rising Talent status. Even with my skills and lifelong experience, I get shuffled to Buffalo by prospective employers. If you read the blog, there are articles in there telling prospective employers to require the Rising Talent Badge. I guess it is great if you can actually qualify to get the badge. I know I have sent proposals for jobs I am qualified for but I don't have the badge, so I don't even get an interview. The job hunt here gets more depressing by the day and my 2 son's future gets dimmer.

Community Guru
Kholleras I Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
108 of 210

@KATHY H wrote:

You can not hide a 10 year stint of being out of the work force. What am I to do to get noticed? Almost all of the jobs listed now are requiring a Rising Talent status.

Kathy, there are many possible reasons why clients may not select you besides your not being in the Rising Talent program. Some clients do not even understand what Rising Talent is, and the qualification was appearing on jobs as a bug (now it's a beta test, I guess?), so they may not even be using it to screen proposals.

I don't know if you were asking for advice, but you can stand out by describing exactly what kind of work you can do for clients in your profile Overview and adding some portfolio items, such as documents you've proofread. Upwork has posted information to help freelancers get jobs in the Help Center and Hiring Headquarters.

Syed Muhammad Umer R Member Since: Mar 11, 2016
109 of 210

Thank You Upwork for choosing me as a Rising Talent (Y). I am so happy to have a rising talent badge on my profile it is like i have got the fruit of all my hard works. Thank You so much Smiley Happy

Sudarshan M Member Since: Apr 29, 2016
110 of 210

When I get RISING TALENT?