cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent Program *NOW LIVE*

Andrew H Member Since: Aug 30, 2015
21 of 210

Hello Valeria,

I too have been offered the Rising Talent status at a point when my account was only about 80% complete. Now I have completed its information and am wondering if there is anything else that I need to do to signal to Upwork that I would like my account reviewed in order to receive this status.

Do I need to message someone and will I receive an e-mail saying that my account will be reviewed again?

Thank you very much, this is a very useful award that I expect will be of great help to me in finding a job,

Kind regards,

Andrew

Muhammad A Member Since: Aug 9, 2015
22 of 210

How to register for this program?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
23 of 210

Hi Muhammad,

If you are invited to participate in the program, you would receive an email. Currently the program is still in beta testing so a small amount of freelancers will be able to participate. We are planning to expand soon though.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Nikolay P Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
24 of 210

Hi, dear Valeria!

I received a letter, but I can not activate this status (Raising Talent).

Sincerely yours,
Nickolay

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
25 of 210

Hi Nikolay,

The email you received about being eligible to participate in the Rising Talent program should have more information and instructions for what you need to do or improve in order to receive the badge. 

Let us know if you have further questions.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Nikolay P Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
26 of 210

«You’ve already proven your skills, all you need to do to claim the perks is update your profile to be 100% complete (check out our profile tips) and give us your latest availability status.»

I update my profile to 100%. Can i get "Rising Talent"?

Sincerely yours,
Nikolay

Morine S Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
27 of 210

Hello Lena,

I am on this platform for over a year and I have never landed a job.  I really want to receive jobs and to work from upwork platform and so, I am very interested in being a part of the Rising Talent Program.  Please tell me how to do so and if I qualify.

Thank you.

Morinedshaw

Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
28 of 210

Hello Morine, have you been applying to jobs regularly for the past year? It's kind of impossible not to find at least 1 job if you have on average 60 connects and apply regularly, and to the appropriate job offers.

Otherwise, I guess Lena will answer your other question Smiley Happy But to land on a job you should be super persistant and do it regularly every month. Use all your monthly connects, but apply a strategy when sending proposals. Don't just shoot them at anything you see available. If you see too many applicants, find a job with fewer applicants. You may have a higher chance there. Also, before applying, see who applied to the job and see if you have a serious competition. If so, in such cases I don't apply. I would be wasting my connects. That's just shortly what I do when applying.

Find a strategy that works for you I guess Smiley Happy But have one! Good luck, Morine!

Ace Contributor
Tasos V Member Since: Sep 15, 2015
29 of 210

I received today the email that now I am a "Rising Talent" (Yiiiihaaa)

However, what I didn't understand is the little perk:

"Personalized profile help to effectively market your freelance services"

Something I need to request from somewhere? I will find it in front of me later or just an extra line on the goodies?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
30 of 210

re: "Personalized profile help to effectively market your freelance services"

I think this means an actual person will contact you via email.

This is what happened to me (and many others among the regular forum contributors) as part of the Top Rated program, whose constituents are offered the same service.

But you don't need to wait for somebody from Upwork to contact you and offer you help.

You can post a request here in the forum and people here will look at it and offer tips.