Aditi J Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
31 of 210

Congrats all of you! Awesome!

Ace Contributor
Maria Criselda E Member Since: Sep 25, 2015
32 of 210

Hi Lena, Valeria and others!

I'm very interested in this program!

As a very new freelancer (less than a month here on Upwork, which is my first time to try online freelancing, too!), I researched as much as I could, I read every for-newbies article from Upwork and even some from outside blogs. I followed tips and advises from Upwork as much as I could, and completed  my profile 100% on day 1. I applied carefully, sending unique proposals to each application that I was confident I can deliver on. I check Upwork multiple times per day. I am just so enthusiastic about trying this out hoping it will work out that I really put a lot of effort into this! So in this less than 1 month, I got my first client who was so happy with my work that they hired me again. I can't even begin to describe how happy I was to see the 5 stars on my profile!

However, I think I joined Upwork while you are in the middle of some very big changes. (Which I felt in many different ways: like the panicky nights I needed to submit drafts but couldn't log in, getting the Crikey! Oops! Zut Alors! errors, among others.) So today I found out that I have lost the 5-STAR rating that is normally seen on my profile. And since I'm very new, I have no Job Success Score.. and now no 5-star rating as well.. So sad. I'm really worried I will no longer get any jobs because of this. If I don't get more jobs, then I won't ever get a Job Success Score.

So in my worry about that, I researched some more, stumbling onto this thread about Rising Talent.. I think the Rising Talent program could really help me and the other seriously hardworking newbie freelancers out there who really want this to work out!

For the meantime I think I will upload more work to my portfolio, hopefully that will somehow help, too. I'd appreciate any advise and tips from the long-timers, too!

Hoping to be considered for this program..

Top Rated Manager
Diana C Top Rated Manager Member Since: Apr 24, 2015
33 of 210

Hi Everyone,

Great news! Rising Talent is now fully launched and available to all eligible freelancers. We look forward to helping you grow your freelance career with us on Upwork. Thanks!

~Diana

Untitled
Ace Contributor
34 of 210

Diana,

Thanks for the news, but the tricky part is the "random selection". As long as that's there, its not a transparent program.

Sorry, no reason for me to rejoice yet.  

Top Rated Manager
35 of 210

Hi Aditi,

Where do you see the random selection? Our beta launch was successful and now it's live to all freelancers who are eligible. Thanks!

~Diana

Untitled
Ace Contributor
36 of 210

Smiley Happy

Ace Contributor
37 of 210

edited. 

Top Rated Manager
38 of 210

Hi Aditi,

I understand.

Again, there is no random selection section in that article. That was only during the beta program, where it was available to a random selected group within the pool of eligible freelancers. As long as you have a strong profile and background, have early success with clients on Upwork, apply to jobs that match your experience level, etc, you can be eligible to participate.

Thanks!

~Diana

Untitled
Ace Contributor
39 of 210

Smiley Happy Thank you.

Gaurav B Member Since: Jun 27, 2017
40 of 210

Hi Diana,

My account is 100% completed and relevant. Please review my profile and kindly let me know about chances for "Rising Talent"

Regards,

Gaurav

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS