Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russian Freelancer Documentation for Wire Transfers

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 207

UPDATE ON Jan 5th, 2017- Here is the updated Confirmation of Services form with font sizes that automatically adjust. 

------------

UPDATE ON SEPT. 21ST:

Hi all,
We've heard you. Many of the concerns you've raised in this discussion thread, after our announcement on 9/13 are valid and as a result, we are in the process of revising those documents in order to properly address those concerns.

While we work on these changes, you may use this updated version of the Confirmation of Services form (and the process you were accustomed to) for any wire transfers to registered Private Entrepreneur bank accounts. Note, we did make one edit to this Confirmation of Service form updating, Elance Escrow Corporation to Upwork Escrow Inc.

We're going to regroup as a team and carefully review any updates in light of your feedback and consultation with our Russian legal counsel. We apologize for the disruption and confusion. Again, to clarify, until furthter notice you can use the documents noted below in Lena's original post, or you can revert to the old process and Confirmation of Services form found here.

Regards,
Garnor

---------------

ORIGINAL POST SEPT. 13, 2016 

We understand that some Russian freelancers have had difficulty with receiving payments in Russia via wire transfers when registered and working as Private Entrepreneurs. As a result, we have worked to vet documentation with several key banks in Russia that have reviewed and approved these templates that are now available for download.  

By downloading and completing the Service Contract and Act of Acceptance documents that Upwork now provides, Russian freelancers can conveniently receive payments from their Upwork clients via wire transfer to their Private Entrepreneur (“PE”) bank account. Upwork has made these forms available online in a fillable PDF format. Freelancers can download and complete these forms each time they receive a wire transfer to their PE bank account, and keep them in their permanent records for bank and tax purposes.

For more details and FAQs, read the information in this Hiring Headquarters article.

Untitled
Andrey S Member Since: May 7, 2015
2 of 207

Hi, Lena!

I am working via Upwork more than year. I registered in Russia as private enterpreneur and I received money via wire transfer without any issues. Can I continue use old template of act of acceptance services because it was approved by my bank and I am 100% sure that new documents will be rejected. There is text in the artcile that I can make changes in PDF files of document but documents are prodived as scanned images, so it is not possible to change anything. Upwork suggests to add my text like my name, title of work and so on via fillable form, but it is 100% visible that some text is scanned and some text is written on the top of scanned text. I know that my bank don't like such documents and it simply will say me that document has signs of tampering.

I will be 100% happy if Upwork allow me to use old template of act of acceptance services.

With best regards,

Andrey.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
3 of 207

Hi Andrey,

If everything is working fine for you, there is no need to change any of your documentation. These forms and the hiring headquarter article were meant to help those Russian freelancers who had difficulty receiving foreign currency wire transfers from Upwork Escrow Inc. 

-Lena

Untitled
Boris F Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
4 of 207

Lena, you tell that "there is no need to change any of your documentation", but Valeria tells "

Upwork customer support will not be able to have old forms signed going forward." 

What that means? Don't you fell that these sentences contradict to each other?

5 of 207

Russian UpWork community (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) is very disappoitned with this change
https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/getting-paid-russia/
We all already had agreed contracts with our banks.
Confirmation of Services document already works well.
Please, revert this change or allow do everything as previously. Or at least discus with russian freelancers.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 207

Hi Boris,

Thank you for posting your feedback. Can you please specify the exact issue you're having with this change?

7 of 207

Exact issue is that new documents have much more information to fill: we need to separate different contracts, we need to specify exact tasks done. 

I could understand if this was important for ouer bank but this is not true. We had established contract and confirmation of services with our banks and we had no problem with that. Why do you call this change "easier" and "good news"?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 207

Hi Boris,

The forms that are now available in Hiring Headquarters are compliant with requirements of all Russian banks. However, if your bank is okay with forms you have been using, you can continue doing that. The use of new forms is completely optional.

~ Valeria
Untitled
9 of 207

Does that mean that I can continue sign old confirmation of services document throgu support?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 207

Boris,

Unfortunately, Upwork customer support will not be able to have old forms signed going forward.

~ Valeria
Untitled