cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Russian Freelancer Documentation for Wire Transfers

Yuri L Member Since: Sep 17, 2016
41 of 207

Perhaps it's a bit offtopic, but I am having problem entering russian text in form, it is displayed when I am editing field, but when field looses focus, only numbers and commas stay, russian letters are not displayed. I've tried a bunch of software in Linux and Adobe Reader on iOS and Windows, with no luck, does anybody know how to fix this?

Ace Contributor
Ilya S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
42 of 207
Yuri, don't waste your time. It's impossible to put whole FIO into those small fields as well as whole addresses.
However I didn't have that bug as you describe in Adobe Acrobat Reader on Windows.
Ace Contributor
43 of 207

Okay everybody, I got an idea and will try to implement it.

I have already transformed CoS pdf into docx format and will later do the same with Act of Acceptance. I will print, sign, scan these docs and send to Upwork with an ask to sign them for me and send back. Everything like I did before. Hope it will work.

Here is my docx version of CoS (download and open in MS Word): **Edited for Community Guidelines**

While transforming it into docx I found several mistakes.

In section "8. PREVAILING LANGUAGE" it's written: This Agreement has been prepared in both English and Ukrainian.

While on the right side in Russian it is said that the Agreement is in English and Russian. It's a very serious mistake!

In the end in the Russian column there is a typo: Сертифика ИП. Missed letter "т", must be Сертификат ИП.

Also in whole doc on English side many general terms are not bold and italic while same terms in Russian version are bold and italic. For example: page 4 “Service Fee” in English and "Вознаграждение за ​ услуги Upwork" in Russian, “Freelancer Fees” in English and "Вознаграждение Исполнителя" in Russian and so on.

What for is the notice "[CONTINUED ON FOLLOWING PAGE]" (page 12)? There is no such notice on Russian side.

All above mistakes are fixed in my docx.

Ace Contributor
44 of 207

I found one more mistake in CoS: 

In the end there is BIN (БИК) field for bank account. But this number works inside Russia only and only for local payments. For international payments we use different bank account - transit foreign currency account / валютный транзитный счёт. And bank in this case is defined by SWIFT-number not by BIN (БИК).

I will replace BIN to SWIFT in the doc.

Ace Contributor
45 of 207

One more not clear moment in CoS:

1st page.

English: ...Individual Entrepreneur __ No. __________ issued by _____ on __/__/____

Russian: ...индивидуального предпринимателя __ № __________, выдано ____​, ________

In Russian version there is no "issued by" phrase, that's why it's not clear what means that number after word "выдано". Actually it's not clear even in English version. What is that number? I suppose it is the number of tax office who issued the PE certificate.

I suggest to change Russian text to:

выдано налоговым органом № ____, дата _____

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
46 of 207

Hi Ilya,

Thank you, I'll share your feedback with the team for further review.

Ace Contributor
47 of 207
Vladimir, why did you remove my link to the docx file? How else can I attach this file? This forum allows only images and pdf files in attachments.
Andrey S Member Since: May 7, 2015
48 of 207

Hi, Ilya! Filling these forms, are you ready to pay tax from Upwork fee? Do you know that it will be needed to pay also NDS (ндс) tax, because you bought service of foreign company which is not registered in Russia as tax payer?  Do you know that you should pay NDS in same moment when you pay Upwork. Because Upwork substracts Upwork fee from payment amount you can think that this date is a date of Upwork payment. 

Ace Contributor
49 of 207

Andrey, why do you tell it just now and namely to me? 

I'm trying to find at least some solution.

What do you suggest? I don't think Upwork will return back to the old documents. That's why we need to find a way how to work with the new docs,

Andrey S Member Since: May 7, 2015
50 of 207

Ilya, I believe that Upwork can cancel changes. But if some enthusiasts will try to use new documents then I almost sure that Upwork will not cancel changes and all Russian community will have troubles with banks and tax police. Even if you will try to pay all required taxes then you will have a chance to have troubles anyway, because it is impossible to 100% correctly calculate tax for Upwork fee, because we didn't receive it to our bank accounts and it is impossible to choose proper conversion rate to convert fee from USD to RUB. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS