Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Russian Freelancer Documentation for Wire Transfers

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
81 of 207

Hi all,

Please see the update I made to Lena's original post on Page 1. You can follow the previous process, using an updated version of the Confirmation of Services document while we work on incorporating your feedback and smoothing out the process and documents moving forward. 

Andrey S Member Since: May 7, 2015
82 of 207

Ok, so while Upwork is working on new documents Upwork support will sign old acts of acceptance of services. Did I understand you correctly?

Roman G Member Since: Sep 20, 2016
83 of 207

If I correct understand, Upwork will sign the new Confirmation of Services (see 1 message in this thread). This CoS has one change:

we did make one edit to this Confirmation of Service form updating, Elance Escrow Corporation to Upwork Escrow Inc.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
84 of 207

Andrey,

You can follow previous process but you will need to use updated documents that you can find in the original post on this thread.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Roman G Member Since: Sep 20, 2016
85 of 207

Hi, support team!

Have a question about new Confirmation of Services, it has one change:

Note, we did make one edit to this Confirmation of Service form updating, Elance Escrow Corporation to Upwork Escrow Inc.

I've received payment a few days ago, and report of SWIFT transfer included "Elance Escrow Corporation", not "Upwork Escrow".

It confused me, and I asked support to sign the old Confirmation with "Elance Escrow". My bank accepted this docs, and I received payment. But this changes in new Confirmation is unclear. Can you provide more info - why new Confirmation and SWIFT info is different. Will Upwork change requisites?

Thanks,

Roman

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
86 of 207

Hi Roman,

It takes banks some time to update the information on their end but it should be done within a few weeks and reflect on your future withdrawals.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Alexander B Member Since: Oct 26, 2016
87 of 207

Hi everyone,

I would like to join this discussion and express my deepest frustration about this “innovative” style of paper work. I joined Upwork recently namely due to the simplicity and transparency of the docs related issues Upwork had been known for prior to this change.
Unfortunately, having familiarized myself with the details of the subject, I see no signs of that simplicity. The idea of forcing freelancers to fill a separate contract for each of the clients he works with is so bad that it entirely kills the idea of freelancing and of the platform itself. Freelancing platform by definition is a place that should simplify relations between outsourcers and workers, not complicate them.

For example, a freelancer earns $1000 in a month with 5 clients, 150 – 250 usd with each. Do you really expect him to fill up 5 “Confirmation of Service Agreements” and 5 “Acts of Acceptance” only for the purpose of completing one single withdrawal? Each of these documents will require to recall the exact sum he had received from each of the clients, the exact commission he had been charged (as you know, it differs from contract to contract depending on the total amount earned).

All of this leads to absolutely unreasonable amount of paper work.

More than that, it is literally senseless, as the client doesn’t sign any of these documents. And the freelancer is free to fill in as many or as less clients as he wants (per each withdrawal). What legal power may these documents have?

In this topic alone it has been mentioned several times that you have translation issues in the contract body and yet the last version of the doc still translates “Ukrainian” as “Русский” in the language section and has all the same problems with the fields’ sizes.

I believe, all these facts reveal it to be a very unfriendly policy towards Russian residents and something needs to be done about that.

Highlighted
Oleg K Member Since: Sep 23, 2016
88 of 207

Hi everyone,

For the convenience of Russian freelancers, I created the invoice template with the translation into Russian. I hope this will make our work easier. On the recommendation of the team UPWORK I place the file here.

Ace Contributor
Ilya S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
89 of 207

Hi Oleg,

1. What is it invoice for?

2. It's not editable. So it's not easy to use it.

3. How could Upwork let you put it here? When I put fixed versions of AoA and CoS moderator removed them immediately.

Oleg K Member Since: Sep 23, 2016
90 of 207

Hi Ilya,

The invoice - the analogue of what is presented on the website GZTSSCHKL in the Ukrainian language. It represents the invoice for the customer. This document is necessary for currency control. After a long correspondence with the support I have sent to them a .docx file and they recommended me to post it here. Editable format Unfortunately can not be attached in the forum. Can someone tell me how to do it? In any case, there are a lot of options to edit pdf.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS