cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Russian Freelancer Documentation for Wire Transfers

Yaroslav K Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
201 of 207

Speaking of VAT, starting January 1, 2019, we don't have to pay VAT when working with Upwork. Instead, Upwork should register as a VAT payer in russian Tax Service and pay it itself. Will it do it or not - it's up to them.

Here's some description of this news: https://zakon.ru/blog/2018/11/09/nalog_na_google_ili_skazka_o_tom_chto_s_1_yanvarya_2019_g_inostrann...

As always, there are some caveats, but technically it's not our problem anymore.

Community Leader
Aleksandr S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
202 of 207

What I'm afraid of is that the Tax Office will somehow prohibit us from working with Upwork.

Yaroslav K Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
203 of 207

Anything can happen here...

But for now, it seems not that bad. The worst thing that can happen according to current laws is that they will make us pay that VAT again.

But which new laws are to come, who knows...

Art V Member Since: Aug 23, 2016
204 of 207

Hello, where can I find information for clients (not freelancers) from Russia. We need a documents for tax and currency control.Thanks!

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
205 of 207

Hi Art,

To clarify, the topic discussed on this thread is related to freelancers withdrawing their earnings from their Upwork account. If you have questions regarding your tax obligations related to payments you'll be making on Upwork as a client, please consult your tax advisor. Feel free to follow up if you have any questions or need assistance.

Dmitry K Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
206 of 207

Hi.

What about agencies? Can I get the same "Confirmation of services" document for my agency?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
207 of 207

Hi Dmitry, 

You may use the same document in order to withdraw funds, and submit this document to the bank you intend to withdraw funds to.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS