cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russian Freelancer Documentation for Wire Transfers

Mikhail N Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
181 of 207

Greetings, Goran.
I also would like to join my fellow freelancers in support of the former way of signing the CoSes. 
It's either that or please make a minor effort to include two more fill-in fields in vanialla CoS template:
- Description of Services provided
- Locations, from which the services were provided

This information will help us show tax officers that we indeed obey by the local regulations and do not cheat on our taxes.

Kind regards,
Mikhail

182 of 207

*Removed*

Aleksandr S Member Since: Jul 25, 2015
183 of 207

I'm totally agreed with Nikita.

Why Upwork can't modify CoS according to the legal requirements for russian entrepreneurs?

Ace Contributor
Ilya S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
184 of 207
Colleagues, what's the actual issue?
I have been working by Patent for 2 years and didn't have any issues.
Can you citate or provide a link to the laws you're referring to?

Anyway if the docs contained more details about the services provided it would be much better.
Maxim F Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
185 of 207

Yep, Upwork, we're legally required to put that location info in the CoS. Please cooperate on this issue

186 of 207

*Removed*

187 of 207

As I expected, after I sent my mail to freelancersuccess@upwork.com today I also received the same reply message from **Edited for Community Guidelines**

It contained identical phrase:

Moving forward, as per our Legal Department, we are only able to sign the unaltered Confirmation of Services form we provide.

This actually gave me an idea and reason to reflect upon the situation. In the past Upwork processed the requests with no issue whatsoever, and I conversed with **Edited for Community Guidelines** (Upwork Help Center). And now I have a theory. 
I think that Upwork just fired optimized staff members that were responsible for Russian Freelancers Documents processing, or they just left. Subsequently, Upwork redirected all the requests to the regular team - which has no way of actually validating whether the Russian writing is consistent with the English one and falls in line with the regulations.

Upwork community managers, could you confirm or deny this guess? Current approach to the situation approach is borderline outrageous, since all we really need is two fill-in fields for Location and Type Of Services Provided. We really need it to comply with our government's reguletions.

Once again - I would appreciate an official statement, clarifying the reasoning behind the current situation.

UPD: I sat down and started filling out the new vanilla CoS - and it has auto-fill fields that sync my Contractor name between Russian and English versions. So it's either Mikhail Neverov or Михаил Неверов at both versions. I'm pretty sure that this is not how you do dual-language agreements. And Fill & Sign does not fork anymore. Please clarify this point as well, Goran.

Thanks, 
Kind regards,
Mikhail

Nikita M Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
188 of 207

Since I left the message about the problem with signing of altered CoS, I've got a new problem - the freelancersuccess don't reply in my decision to sign vanilla CoS for 2 days. Upwork, what's happening? I need it ASAP, please take a look on my mail message.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
189 of 207

Hi All,

We've escalated your concern to our team and once we have more information about this we (Moderators) will post a detailed update here. Thank you.

Untitled
Sergey H Member Since: Nov 28, 2018
190 of 207

A similar problem for Belarus.
Up to this point we have used the CoS in which were specified additionally:
 - service fee,
 - withdrawal fee,
 - total amount.
This is necessary to confirm the calculation of taxes.
I can't confirm that now.
I can download all invoices for service fees, but I will need to translate it by a notary.
Additionally, I cannot download the invoice for withdrawal fee at all.