cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russian Freelancer Documentation for Wire Transfers

Andrey S Member Since: May 7, 2015
11 of 205

If Upwork will not sign old forms then we can't use old forms. But new forms of documents are completely unserious looking. I can fill it but it looks like falsification and my bank will not accept it. What can you suggest for me? Stop working on Upwork? I have no banks in my city which you used to check your forms. Moreover I am sure that these bank didn't know that freelancers will provide so ugly documents where good text is placed on the top of scanned images.

Can you provide me a chance to contact about new forms with anyone who really can change anything in this situation?

Boris F Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
12 of 205

Lena, don't you feel that 2 your comments contradict to each other?

Look at those 2 sentences:

1. Upwork customer support will not be able to have old forms signed going forward.

2. The use of new forms is completely optional.

How can should I understand this?

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
13 of 205

Hey everyone,

You're right our responses were rather confusing. We will not be signing the older documents and have now provided these templates to make it easier and more convienient to submit to your banks. I understand many of you have questions about these new forms. I'd like to provide you with the most direct and accurate information and will be reaching out to our team member on the ground there with the questions you've asked. Because of the time difference please be patient, we will have a response for you soon.

Thanks,

Lena

Untitled
Ace Contributor
Anna G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
14 of 205

I have the same question as Boris. Will it be possible to use the old system in the future?

And more: let's suppose one withdraws $1000 but it includes numerous small payments from different clients. Apart from having to provide all 10 (15, 20...) contracts, how to include the Payment Fee into the Act of Acceptance with 1 client if you actually withdraw a sum generated from several ones?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 205

Anna,

In the Act of Acceptance for each client you will be able to specify separately:

- Payment amount – the cost of the services rendered in U.S. dollars. Please specify the amount equal to total remuneration in the Service contract, before Upwork’s fees and bank fees (for example, gross fixed amount as specified in the Service contract – 1 000 USD).

- Payment amount including Upwork fees – Please specify Upwork’s service fee (for example, 10% from 1 000 USD), wire transfer to PE account payment fee (for example, fixed price of 30 USD) and total amount to be enrolled to PE bank account (for example, 1 000-100-30 = 870 USD).

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Anna G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
16 of 205

Valeria, for big contracts and big sums it is clear. But for example these $1000 are received from 20 different clients, $50 from each. So, in each Act I put $50 (total sum) - $10 (20% fee) - ? How do I divide these $30 of withdrawal fee between them? Or do I simply deduct them in one Act and ignore in the rest?

Alexey S Member Since: Jun 2, 2016
17 of 205

I've already asked at support. But will duplicate it here because I see other freelancers have the same concerns:

Regarding this changes: https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/getting-paid-russia

It's really bad news. These rules require much more efforts on paper work from a freelancer (separate docs for an each client, work description every time).

Could you provide an old version of documents signed by you (so I can change some data here by myself every time without bothering support)? These docs were totally good for my bank. 

I'm attaching a common form which I need to sign every time.
I don't want to bother you for every payment, so I ask you to sign it and make the document editable. Then I can fill the numbers every time by myself.
I'd want to attach .doc file but it's not accepted in this thread. However, I've attached doc to my support ticket and attaching pdf here just for example.

Valeriy K Member Since: Feb 13, 2015
18 of 205

Documents of old version were accepted by all banks I worked with. New version of documents will be refused by my bank without any doubts. New documents look like falsification, clear printed text over scanned image - it is ridiculous. Please, let russian freelancers use old version of documents, and sign "Confirmation of Services" via support, otherwise we will have many troubles with banks.

Yaroslav K Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
19 of 205

Or at least please guys make it not so ugly looking. I merely can't place my full name and address into the fields you left for that.

Can you make something that you did in Certificate of Earnings (with it's scanned Elizabeth Tse's signature), but set it editable with enough large fields? Your own examples in the article show the needed sizes well enough.

All that is a good idea overall, it just needs some tuning.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
20 of 205

Thank you for sharing your insight and suggestion Yaroslav, I'll forward them to our team for their consideration.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS