cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russian Freelancer Documentation for Wire Transfers

Ace Contributor
Ilya S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
21 of 205

I use Modulbank in Russia and my support manager just said me they wouldn't accept old Confirmation of Services form anymore.

But I can not fill your new forms, because they have the same problems as ppl mentioned above: very low scanning quality and very little fields for filling, I'm able to put only my surname in the field where full name must be.

Because of this I can not legally withdraw my earnings. That's all very bad news, so please solve it asap.

Ruslan K Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
22 of 205

Hello,
Let me show some example:

Let's say I have following clients:
1) Ivan Ivanov - 5$/hr.
Contract started on May 2016(when fee was fixed - 10%). I worked 80 hours($400), Upwork fee is 10% of $400=40$.
Money for me: 400-40=$360

2) Petr Petrov - 10$/hr.
Contract started on June 2016(after progressive fee accounced). I worked 60 hours($600), Upwork fee is 0.2*500 +0.1*100=100+10=$110
Money for me: 600-110=$490

3) Sidor Sidorov - 20$/hr.
Contract started on Sep 2016, I worked 1 hour($20), Upwork fee is $4.
Money for me: 20-4=$16

Amount for 3 clients above is: $360+$490+$16=$866.
Let's say in July 2016 I made a payment by "non-wire-transfer" method and earned $266.
So my Upwork balance is 866-266=$600.

Let's say I decided to get the rest money via wire-transfer: all I can get is $570(as wire transfer fee is $30).

1) How should I explain to bank, that I got $570, but amount for all contracts is $866?
(In case if it is possible to combine all clients in one act. Which is difficult, if we have 8 clients with different dates, rates and feex, for example).

2) "Multiple jobs from different clients. You will need to fill out a different Service Contract form and Act of Acceptance form for each contract with each of your different clients." - Usually we needed 1 act of acceptence for 1 payment from upwork.

In Russia with bank we use model: "1 payment -> 1 act". In the sentense above we see "1 act -> 1 client".
So, "1 payment -> 1 act -> 1 client".

Means, that for each separate client we should make separate wire transfer($30/each) to make separate act.
So for 1-hour contract(where client pays $20, Upwork get $4 fee and I should get $16). Should I pay $30 for send $16 on my bank account for this separate client?()

P.S. this is almost real example - I just changed client names and amounts. For period 1 May - 14 Sep 2016 I have incomes from 8(!) different clients with different hourly rates, different contract dates and different Upwork fees. For some clients I work 6 hours/week, for some - 2 hours per month.
How should I calculate all of this?

P.P.S. I'm working with one of banks, highlighted in article(Alfa Bank). They succussfully accepted old form, where I got sign through support on Act only.
So please don't tell, that this makes life easier - this isn't true.
Let us use the old form, please. This allows to make paper work once per 3 months, set up "Upwork" as the one client(in the bank docs) and calmly work on clients projects: making money for ourselves and for Upwork(too).

Thanks!

Ruslan Konygin
Ace Contributor
23 of 205

Ruslan, you're right that the paperwork becomes much more complicated, but let me notice some mistakes in your example.

1. You don't have to send money from different clients in different withdrawals. Upworks still lets withdraw money from different clients with one transfer.

2. As I understood you don't have to explain "where are the other money" when you disburse some funds via non-wire-transfers. You don't have to send all money to one bank. The bank rather checks the opposite thing: the amount you earned must be more than the amount disbursed, in this case the bank understands where you got this money. But the bank doesn't care about the rest of your money. Only nalogovaya can care of that, but it's another story.

Ruslan K Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
24 of 205

Upworks still lets withdraw money from different clients with one transfer.

- this is pretty clear.
The problem is how(currently) should I send act(s) and contract(s) to my bank.

Let's say I sent $570 to my bank account via one transfer. This money was accumulated on my Upwork account: as a result of work for different clients.
How many act(s) and how many contract(s) should I send to the bank after each payment? How should I calculate money on each act?

Ruslan Konygin
Boris F Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
25 of 205

Let me clarify additional drawbacks of proposed solution.

1. What you propose is a law violation - you propose to download already signed document and enter any possible numbers there. This is document forgery.

2. What you propose is too include additional money (fees) into our contracts that can cause additional questions from tax officer.

Again and again repeating: this is NOT simplifying.

Please, if you respect your clients - allow us to sign documents as we previously did.

Svetlana S Member Since: Sep 14, 2016
26 of 205

Hi, All!

I also had no any issues with wire transfers using old documents. As we can see only 1 developer had problems with Upwork wire transfers before and this was Modulbank. It is easy to see user reviews about this bank at banks.ru to understand that there are a lot of difficulties even with payments between Russian companies using this bank, so it is not common case.

As I understand Upwork will not review and sign any documents, new or old. We need to just insert our data into provided documents. Russian law treats it as forgery of documents and it is a way to prison. Also all money which were received from abroad will be confiscated by goverment because of violation of financial control rules. It is sensitive question and I can't understand why Upwork representatives keep silence.

New documents contain information about Upwork's fees. But Russian law requires us to get all money mentioned in contract. So if 1000$ is written in contract and I will receive only 900$ to bank account in Russia then it is violation of law. It can be treated as attempt to hide money.

Ace Contributor
27 of 205

@Svetlana S wrote:

... As we can see only 1 developer had problems with Upwork wire transfers before and this was Modulbank. It is easy to see user reviews about this bank at banks.ru to understand that there are a lot of difficulties even with payments between Russian companies using this bank, so it is not common case.... 

Svetlana, did you mention me? I use Modulbank and I never had problems with it. The process of getting money via "old-way" worked perfect! They even helped me with all documents and adviced what docs I need to provide and where I can get them. 

Aleksey S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
28 of 205

Hi Lena,

And what about situations with different Service Fee? https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/226684828-Get-Paid-for-Enterprise-Contracts . When Service Fee would differ from that is on Service Contract, that would be a problem too, because in contract there only sliding fee. Moreover as said before this is a fraud because acts and contracts not signed by Upwork.

So in summary we have not working solution, and old solution is not supported already, without transition period from one way to another.

Dmitry K Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
29 of 205

Just let us use old confirmation of services!

or share this document with the sign on it like you do with new contracts!

We don't need this changes, and i think everybody is unhappy with that changes!!

Zhe Z Member Since: Sep 15, 2016
30 of 205

Just add bitcoin as payment method.

Stay modern and innovative.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS