cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russian Freelancer Documentation for Wire Transfers

Khristina R Member Since: Dec 20, 2015
31 of 202

What is the real purpose of this change? It doesn't make frelancer's life easier at all. My bank (Avangard) are completely ok with old forms. I am not sure that my bank will accept new forms. They look like a fraud.  If I make a Wire transfer and these new forms are not accepted by my bank (and you are not going to sign old forms), what will happened? I think I can loose my earnings. 

The purpose of all these forms is just to confirm that we earn money legally and we are not drug dealers. . 

Old forms look trustful. New forms look suspisious. 

If my bank (Avangard - a bank from your article), doesn't approve these forms and I loose my earnings will Upwork compensate me it? We have big fines when we can't give proper documents to a currency control. These fines are so big that sometimes it easier just to loose money. Will Upwork garantee that new forms are legal and compensate me if I have to pay fines (if these forms are not legal)? 

Wouldn't it be better to leave old forms? 

Why should we take all these (quite real) risks with new forms? 

Andrey S Member Since: May 7, 2015
32 of 202

In case when bank will not accept documents 100% of payment will be confiscated by tax police. In case when your documents will be treated as fraud you will stay in a prison for at least half of year.

Risks are very serious. I want to hear truth from Upwork representatives. If Upwork will not change something then please tell us about it. We will search for any other alternatives for legal getting payments from abroad in this case.

Yaroslav K Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
33 of 202

These new documents are more "legal" then what we had before, especially for tax office. Contract + Acceptance Act - what could be more legal...

The problem is about those strange looking scans, that merely can't be filled correctly (small fields and ugly look overall). If Upwork could provide the same scheme with new documents, which we had with the old ones, that would be absolutely perfect imho.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
34 of 202

Hey Everyone,

We are working on making changes to the document and will make it available to you soon.

Additionally, to answer the question on how to apply the $30 wire transfer fee when the withdrawal involved multiple clients? You can divide the transfer fee amongst each client form, or apply all to one form, the decision is up to you.

-Lena

Untitled
35 of 202

Yaroslav, if Upwork will not review and sign filled documents then it is not legal document. Are you sure that if bank or tax police will made request to Upwork about such self-made documents then Upwork will confirm that they really sign final version of documents?

Old documents were absolutely legal.  We prodived to bank agreement and act of acceptance of services. Upwork signed each act of acceptance of services by request. It is enough according to Russian law. 

Yaroslav K Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
36 of 202

@Andrey S wrote:
if Upwork will not review and sign filled documents then it is not legal document.

Old documents were absolutely legal.  We prodived to bank agreement and act of acceptance of services. Upwork signed each act of acceptance of services by request. It is enough according to Russian law. 

Yes, I'm absolutely agreed. That's why I asked about "the old scheme". What I meant is that contract is more understandable for tax office then a public offer. Anyway, I hope Upwork will fix the issue as soon as possible.

37 of 202

I expect a lot of questions from tax police because of new version of contract. In new contract you should define your earnings + Upwork comission. In this case tax office can decide that not all money were transferred to Russia. It is law violation. You can pay Upwork but from your bank account. 

Also tax office can decide that your should pay tax from Upwork comission. But Upwork fee is not transferred to your account, So there is no date which can be used to retrieve official conversion rate of Russian Central Bank to calculate tax. It is impossible to pay taxes properly from Upwork fee.

Andrey G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
38 of 202

I personally think there is a separate department at Upwork, which is constantly finding a ways how to make freelancer's life worst and worst.

Didn't you get that we don't want this change? We all ask you to get back the old form, as it was just fine for 99% of us.

Timofey S Member Since: May 19, 2015
39 of 202

Just allow to work with "old" confirmation of service documents (and get it signed from Upwork side) - that's all. Come on, Upwork, If it ain't broke, don't fix it ! 

Roman S Member Since: May 28, 2015
40 of 202

Upwork, please return to the previous practice. In my opinion it was much better than the current.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS