cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share large files easily in the Message Center–now up to 25MB or unlimited with Dropbox.

Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
1 of 9
Take advantage of these two new Message Center features to collaborate more easily: 1. Larger attachment limit: As some of you may have noticed, the attachment limit has been raised from 5MB to 25MB. Like before, you can attach up to ten files at a time either directly in the Message Center or when replying directly from your third party email. So that you can share files more quickly, you can also drag and drop files into the Message Center– review this video. Please keep in mind that when adding files in places other than the Message Center, like in job posts or job applications, there is still a 5MB limit. 2. Share via Dropbox: Starting this month, you can share files in the Message Center using Dropbox. Dropbox is a file hosting service that makes it possible to share your files from anywhere and has a default account limit of 2GB of storage. When you use Dropbox, the files you share through the Message Center are only limited by the size of your Dropbox account. To attach a message in the Message Center using Dropbox, select "Attach a file" and then "Share via dropbox"– review this video. If you have not already signed up for Dropbox, you will be prompted to do so. If you already have an account, you can link and unlink your account as needed. When receiving a message from Dropbox, you will still be able to preview files even if you do not have an account. You may also save shared files to your Dropbox account or sign up for one. Questions? See our help article. Happy working, the oDesk Crew
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
2 of 9
Finaly a sensible change. Thanks!
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
3 of 9
Thank you oDesk!
Ace Contributor
Caroline W Member Since: Oct 26, 2015
4 of 9

Hi there, 

Thank you for this helpful article on dropbox, 

If anyone can explain how I can link my existing dropbox account to my Upwork profile, it would be great. 

Thank you! 

Caroline

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 9

Hi Caroline,

In order to link your Dropbox account, please go into Messages > click the paperclip icon in the message box > and choose the "Share via Dropbox" link.

Teresa C Member Since: Apr 4, 2016
6 of 9

Thanks for this helpful post.

It would be helpful if the 5MG limit for Drobox uploads on job posts were noted on the job posting screen(s).  The screens I saw on my end, as a client, indicated that my files uploaded successfully and I only found out that they did not when directly messaging invited freelancers. It took me a while to figure out what was going wrong.  

Susan K Member Since: Jul 17, 2018
7 of 9

it would be nice if the support article link actually worked.

Susan K Member Since: Jul 17, 2018
8 of 9

it would be nice if the support article link actually worked. Sorry but those videos are really bad becasue the video size is so small you can barely see what is happening in the example and no audio to explain nuances.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 9

Hi Susan,

Please, find current information about using Messages on Upwork in this help article.

Since this thread is old and some information on it is outdated, we'll be closing it from further replies.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS