Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Profile locked in Private

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
591 of 647

Hi Nneka,

If you hover your mouse over the visibility setting on your Find Work page, you'll see available options to have your profile set back to public. Feel free to use one of them to have your profile show in search again.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Palash D Member Since: Jun 14, 2017
592 of 647

Hello Every one,

I am new in upwork. I have completed one job also. But recently my profile locked in private.

So, is it really effect to find a job as my profile is not in public. Can can any one suggest me

how to make it public by contacting customer support ? Please help me regarding this 

problem.

Thanks

Regards

Palash

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
593 of 647

Hi Palash,

You can still submit proposals to jobs and clients whose jobs you've applied to will be able to view your profile. If your profile is private, it will not show in search though. You can have it set to public by using one of the options you'll see when you hover your mouse over the visibility settings on your Find Work page. A direct link to contact support is among those options.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Chris C Member Since: Nov 3, 2017
594 of 647

This just happened to me too, despite the fact I was paid under a month ago. I've paid almost $3000 in fees this year and I'm top rated so I feel like this is nothing more than a way for them to force people to pay for thier freelancer plus program. I cannot see many people signing up for it otherwise as it offers virtually no benefits and the 20% initial fee is more than enough to pay already.  

30 days is also ridiculously short, plenty of projects run longer than that. 

As the years go by, it feels more and more like upwork are trying to make people effectively work for them, rather than actively being freelancers. 

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
595 of 647

Hi Chris,

Please note that if you're not receiving payments on your contract/s on a montly bases and would like to keep your profile public without subscribing to Plus membership, please use the option to update your profile visibility free of charge, available on the Find Work page on your account.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Patricia S Member Since: Sep 28, 2016
596 of 647

That option is not available to me--all the other options except a locked private profile are greyed out. 

I just had several invitations to interview this week and have been paid within 30 days. 

I'm on my first vacation in SEVEN YEARS, and I get an email that Upwork has locked my profile. Even though I was on vacation, I responded to the invitations and even submitted a proposal for one. I took another job during my vacation even though I didn't really want to because the client and I had discussed it prior. He was slow to put the offer in, but I didn't want to lose the work.

Seriously?

Upwork has made thousands on me. They need to have more respect for their freelancers. This is not a way to get people to apply for their paid membership!

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
597 of 647

Hi Patricia, 

I've requested the Customer Support Team to revert your profile back to private. They will also reach out to you regarding your concern about being set to private even while earning in the past 30-days. 

If your profile is set to private again after 30-days, or sometime in the future, check out the options listed in the email notification or in the pop up on Find Work page to set it back to public.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Vladislav S Member Since: Apr 27, 2016
598 of 647
>I said Upwork is "likely not interested," so you decided that I presumed to speak for the organization?

>I said Upwork wasn't interested in helping you get hired OUTSIDE the platform, so you decided that I was saying Upwork wasn't interested in you getting hired THROUGH the platform?

You're trying to do this again: speaking on behalf of the company. I said exactly what I wanted to say: I FOUND a person OUTSIDE the platform and brought it INSIDE the platform, I brought bloody money to this company using my public profiles that include the Upwork profile as well.
Ok, I got your point, next time I find a client outside the platform I'll work with him directly as I cannot rely on the visibility of my profile on Upwork, so it doesn't look like I need the platform in this case as the organization is not interested in helping me to bring new clients to them.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
599 of 647

I'm sorry that you have difficulty reading and comprehending English, but there's nothing I can do about that. I'm dropping out, confident that anyone else reading this thread is perfectly clear on what I actually said.

Highlighted
Vladislav S Member Since: Apr 27, 2016
600 of 647
Finally.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS