cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My Profile is Private . How Do I Solve It ?

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
321 of 647

That's not what Upwork is claiming. Upwork is claiming (probably accurately) that you have not earned any money in the past 30 days, which is the standard Upwork uses to deem a freelancer "inactive" for purposes of setting the profile to private.

I'm sure that a nice moderator will shortly come along and help you get your profile made visible, but it's entirely unnecesssary, as the notification you received explains the three ways you can make your profile visible again.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
322 of 647

Hi Watson, 

Yes our team will change your profile visibility back to public.
Visibility is changed to private when a freelancer haven't earned for the past 30 days, to learn more about this visit this Help Article.

Untitled
Gourab M Member Since: Feb 13, 2017
323 of 647

Dear Upwork,

My Profile is Private . How Do I Solve It ? Please Reply Promt .

Thanks

Gourab Mazumder

Petar K Member Since: Jul 21, 2017
324 of 647

Hi Gourab,

I will try to help you !

When you login in yours account, on right side under yours profile picture you have linked text 

"View Profile"

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 1.21.22 PM.png

Click on it, then you can see on new opened window on right side button Profile. Click on it.

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 1.28.50 PM.png

Than you can see on this picture where is that option:

* (Mayhbe have some difference for free plan and my premium)

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 1.30.24 PM.png

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
325 of 647

Thanks for offering advice Petar but do note that Gourab needs to follow different steps in order to update their profile visibility.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
326 of 647

Hi Gourab,

Please check the opening post on this thread to which I merged your comment, email notification you received and note that you can hover your mouse over the locked private tag on the Find Work page and use one of the available options to change your profile visibility back to public. Let us know if you need further guidance.

Gourab M Member Since: Feb 13, 2017
327 of 647

did not find any option to change profile visibility back to public. Please clear, how do I change profile visibility back to public or give me YOUTUBE video link. I really did not understand how do I fix this

Please Watch the Pics.

Pic No 1

upwork2.png

Pic No 2

upwork.png

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
328 of 647

Hi Gourab,

Your profile visibility has been reset. In the future, please refer to the pop up you'll see on your Find Work page for options to have your profile switched to public.

Screenshot_19.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
329 of 647

All the fine tuning of the Freelancer Search will see me kicked out of the active earner zone soon if this trend continues:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-23 um 16.41.18.png

It surely will have reduced competition - for my fellow freelancers...

The dip in and following April comes from Upwork having accidentally hidden my profile along with that of a plagiarist.

Then came several updates, the US-only jobs (I hardly see any of the latter in my feed anymore) and who knows what. On September 30 my stats showed 87 invites in the past 90 days (including blocked clients). Then came the failed 1st Community update and other "maintenance" to the main site. In November I have received 3 invites so far. Since I haven't changed anything something else must be working against me.

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
330 of 647

Well, if that's any comfort, I have steady flow of invites, yet, no work. Robot Indifferent

I'm rethinking possibility of going to America. It's like all the fun is there.