Showing Active Earners in Search Results

Vitaliy K Member Since: Jul 25, 2017
11 of 647

But I lost my Job Score after resuming.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
12 of 647

Hi Vitaliy,

Was your JSS showing before because of you agency? Because you don't have enough contracts to have a JSS yet. It's possible when you saw a JSS score in the past it was due to a bug with agency scores displaying. 

Untitled
Community Leader
Gary Val T Member Since: Mar 28, 2018
13 of 647

My account says "Locked Private". How am I supposed to "unlock" it and change it back to "Public"????

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
14 of 647

Hi Gary,

We’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here. Hope this helps.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Community Leader
Gary Val T Member Since: Mar 28, 2018
15 of 647

Thank you Jo-An. Much appreciated.

I agree with the opinion of the other freelancers that the problem isn't really the fact that UpWork switches accounts from Public to Private. The problem is that they're basing it on the wrong criteron. It should be based on a lack of "Activity" for a given amount of time (say 30 days, for example, not on "Earnings". That way UpWork accomplishes its intended goal without causing the problem that I, and many others, have encountered.

Thanks again,

Gary

Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
16 of 647

Hi Gary,

Can our opinion force Upwork to change it?

Best,

Abdul

Ace Contributor
Ken J Member Since: Nov 29, 2014
17 of 647

I agree. A thinly disguised way to coerce current freelancers to pay for the Premium level. 

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
18 of 647

@Ken J wrote:

I agree. A thinly disguised way to coerce current freelancers to pay for the Premium level. 

Can you elaborate? I read the initial post again and I don't see why anyone would need the Premuim plan here...

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Jason F Member Since: Jul 9, 2017
19 of 647

You hit the nail on the head. IMO there is a lot better options out their to work out if someone is inactive or not. For example instead of looking to see if someone has made any money how about look to see if they have applyied for work. If they havent applyied for work in more then 30days then that is a good indication they are inactive. The current way is punishing freelancers that are struggling to find work.

Point in case. I got an hourly job on Friday have been logging hours over the weekend (havent been paid for this work yet), two days later I get an email saying my profile has been switch to private because I am inactive. I actually fail to see how the system can determine I am inactive. Oh wait no I dont, I didnt make money so I am inactive regardless of the fact that I have a job and have been applying for work. The way they determine doesnt actaully work and seems more of a way to make people upgrade to a paid account.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
20 of 647

@jason F wrote:

The current way is punishing freelancers that are struggling to find work.

Yes, it's the idea.

While punishing is not the right word since it's not personal, Upwork don't want people who struggle to earn money. They want people who earn money.

It's like a shop. If one specific product doesn't sell, you remove it from the shelf. There is nothing personal against the maker of the product. It's just not selling so it has to go.

People who send out endless proposals and never get hired only make noise and jam clients' inboxes.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless