Please change private to public

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
632 of 639

@jayabarath N wrote:

I need one clarification
why you change my public to private?
Please change private to public

Probably because you haven't earned anything in 30 days?

Read this

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
633 of 639

Hi Jayabarath,

Petra is right. Your profile was set to private due to not having earned in the last 30 days. Kindly check the link she shared to learn more about this and also read this announcement. I've gone ahead and set your profile back to public.

Joanne
Ace Contributor
Gary Val T Member Since: Mar 28, 2018
634 of 639

Got that stupid notification AGAIN! Smiley Mad Arrrggghhhh!!!! "We noticed you haven't been working through UpWork lately." IT'S NOT LIKE I HAVEN'T BEEN TRYING, for god's sake! How about checking my "connects" for the past month or more. You'll notice I've USED ALL OF THEM for every 30-day period! So don't tell me to "resume earning through UpWork" by applying for projects and start getting paid! That's all I do is apply for projects! I'm not getting paid because I haven't been hired! Actually, wait... scratch that. I did just get hired for a project a couple days ago after applying day after day after day for projects. If I had not been applying for any projects for the past 30 days then I could see changing my profile to "private" because it would seem like I'm not an active member. But I AM AN ACTIVE member! Making my profile "private" just decreases my odds of landing a project! Duh! 

Okay, I'm done with my rant. Now, PLEASE, switch my profile back to "Public". Thank you, and may you live long and prosper. Smiley LOL

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
635 of 639

Hi Gary,

We’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Community Leader
Bettye U Member Since: Mar 6, 2016
636 of 639

My profile was also set to private, for the first time in the three years I've been on Upwork. I've applied for a few jobs recently and am under consideration for several of them, but most of the jobs I've been seeing have been offering payments much too low for the amount of work required. It seems silly to me that this resets automatically, and I'm not about to pay them to keep my profile visible. The quality of jobs being advertised is so poor I'm not sure I even want them to make it visible...

637 of 639

Hi Bettye,

I have reset your profile visibility back to public. 

Joanne
Yuri G Member Since: Sep 16, 2018
638 of 639

I sent an application for changing the profile to publicl, but it's already the 4th day that the profile is private. Please check and let me know when my profile will public!

Thanks.

639 of 639

Hi Yuri, 

I have reset your profile visibility back to public. Your profile was set to private due to not having earned in the last 30 days. Please check this announcement

Joanne
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS