🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Sign In with Google on Upwork
Page options

Sign In with Google on Upwork

VladimirG
Community Manager

To streamline the login experience, Upwork is now supporting Google sign-in! To enable this option, clients and freelancers can set up their account to “Sign In with Google” via the Connected Services page in Settings.

Connected_services.jpg

After enabling these settings users can use the new Google sign-in option when logging into their Upwork account.

Login.jpg

New users will be able to select the Google Sign-in option at registration. Let us know if you have questions!

21 Comments
2a05aa63
Community Member

Nice! Will be very handy.

lysis10
Community Member

I am so happy VLAD DADDY gets to announce a cool feature and he won't have to deal with the hysteria that is the connects thread.

da230b00
Community Member

How to disable sign-in through my Google account?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Kriszan,

The option to enable or disable Sign in with Google is under Settings> Connected Services. It looks like you were able to find and change the setting. Let us know if you have any further questions. 

elastella
Community Member

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Kriszan,

The option to enable or disable Sign in with Google is under Settings> Connected Services. It looks like you were able to find and change the setting. Let us know if you have any further questions. 

I don't see an option to disable the feature.

This is what it looks like in "Settings".

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 09.29.19.png

And I LOATHE the fact that Upwork opened the door to invite Google's data collection algorithms in...

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Ela,

The option to disconnect the feature is available for users who have set up Google Sign-in on their account. Could you please confirm if you've enabled this option on your end and would like to disable it?

elastella
Community Member

Thanks, Vladimir.

No, I haven't set it up - I assumed there was an option to not see Google sign-in on the landing page anymore. 

I now see that this was a misunderstanding.

sejutisharmin
Community Member
What to do when it shows like the attached file?
JoanneP

Hi Sejuti,

The option to enable or disable Sign in with Google is under Settings> Connected Services. If you would like to enable your Google login, please follow the steps in your settings page. If you need any help, please let us know. 

arsalanodesk
Community Member

Is it safe?? If i forgot the gmail password It won't me logged me in on upwork.. So its connected with 2 passwords, If i am not wrong.. Why should use this feature for?