🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Sign In with Google on Upwork
Page options

Sign In with Google on Upwork

VladimirG
Community Manager

To streamline the login experience, Upwork is now supporting Google sign-in! To enable this option, clients and freelancers can set up their account to “Sign In with Google” via the Connected Services page in Settings.

Connected_services.jpg

After enabling these settings users can use the new Google sign-in option when logging into their Upwork account.

Login.jpg

New users will be able to select the Google Sign-in option at registration. Let us know if you have questions!

21 Comments
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member

Hi Arsalan,

You can also disable the option at any time from your end by going to Settings > Connected services. Feel free to use the security option that is the best fit for you. Thank you.

revolutionist
Community Member

hi, my friend is facing an issue when signing through a google account. after adding Gmail account in chrome when he clicks on to continue with google  nothing happens. Need help!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member

Hi Mutayyab,

I just shared more information with you via PM. Please click on the envelop icon at the top right corner and follow up directly there so that I can assist your friend. Thank you.

a44328e5
Community Member

I created my account by using google sso but I am unable to update my account information as it's asking me to re-enter the password and there is no option to sign in using google.

LuiggiR

Hi Daryl,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your account. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

6bb89246
Community Member
How can I disable Google sign-in login? I want to use password instead.
AleksandarD
Community Manager

Hi Lidiia,

You can disconnect the Google Sign-In by going to the Settings > Connected Services and clicking on the 'Disconnect' button.

Thank you.

0453f1ff
Community Member

Actually, I want to switch back to the email and password login system.
so if I disconnect the google sign-in option I will be  able to set up new mail and password ? or need to create a new account, I am  confused 
I want to use my current account but I want to set up Mail Password login instead of Gmail login 
Thanks 

AleksandarD
Community Manager

Hi Md Ibrahim,

You can go ahead and disconnect your Google Sing-In and you should be able to set up a password to login to Upwork.

Thank you.

sparkcrtv
Community Member

I can't log in to upwork from my other account because it won't allow me to log in with google account.  Can someone please help?

Thank you